AA Hiring Aug 2021

I think if you dont have at least five years or a combination of five years of school and dispatch experience , they don't consider u
I have an Associates in Aviation, 4 years of Dispatch experience and 6 years of aviation operations experience.

Are others getting a different status when they apply?

I have an Associates in Aviation, 4 years of Dispatch experience and 6 years of aviation operations experience.

Are others getting a different status when they apply?
Mine shows not selected as well. I do meet the requirements that they ask for as well so not sure what's up with that. Made sure I inputted my License number and date exactly as they said as well so not sure why I would be immediately not selected.

Even if you try to withdraw and reapply it won’t let you since you are qualified
I assume you mean unqualified? because that's the issue that i am having. Makes me wonder what all you have to put on the app to get something other than not selected.

Yup, same here. Got over 5 years of school plus dispatch experience and still got "not selected". HR needs to look into this.

Same issue. 4 years of school and 3 years of experience. I know two people who got a email saying "thanks for applying and to take an assessment" They selected the 5 year experience from dropbox option.

For scientific purposes I created a new profile and selected that option and got a email saying "thanks for applying and to take an assessment". The only thing I changed was the experience dropbox option. Seems like if you didnt select this option you got auto rejected. Seems like a glitch they need to get resolved ASAP.

Last edited:
Same issue. 4 years of school and 3 years of experience. I know two people who got a email saying "thanks for applying and to take an assessment" They selected the 5 year experience from dropbox option.

For scientific purposes I created a new profile and selected that option and got a email saying "thanks for applying and to take an assessment". The only thing I changed was the experience dropbox option. Seems like if you didnt select this option you got auto rejected. Seems like a glitch they need to get resolved ASAP.
Wondering if I need to make a new account and do that as well... Dont want to ruin any chances later on down the line considering I'll have 5 years of experience once January comes around...

Wondering if I need to make a new account and do that as well... Dont want to ruin any chances later on down the line considering I'll have 5 years of experience once January comes around...
Hard to say, I am not going to continue cause I don't have that experience. I withdrew my application. I'm not sure if its a glitch or they set it up that way where they only want five years experience.

Hard to say, I am not going to continue cause I don't have that experience. I withdrew my application. I'm not sure if its a glitch or they set it up that way where they only want five years experience.
True, oh well. Maybe someone who works there will chime in eventually with a little more detail. Its honestly fine if thats the kind of person they want for the job, but its a bit misleading that they say you must have one of these 3 different qualifications. There might be people with 5 years of experience but they select the 3 years of work and 2 years of school because they think it looks better. on the form. Would just be easier for them to have only the one option or none if this is what they intended.

I did the same thing and got the assessment. It's definitely a glitch that needs fixed, because I fit in the 5 years of experience category but thought choosing the category that included my education would be better.

I'm not a fan of majors adding this personality portion to the assessments. Are there a way to study for them like the HOGAN tests pilots have to take?

I also would like tips on this mechanical portion too. That is definitely a new one.

Oh well

Good luck to everyone that applies

Back