daily pic

Time to make the donuts...

Snapseed 18.jpg

What camera?

Sony A7rIV with a Tamron 28-200mm 2.8DX lens. This was shot at 200mm 1/250th f/22 640iso. I normally process stuff in Lightroom but I think the only adjustments here are a little bit of contrast and few dust spots removed. I did run it through Topaz DeNoise though to clean up some of the noise in the image. Their newest version uses AI to limit the plasticy look that you can get when you remove too much of the noise.

I almost never manage to capture air to air shots, but got lucky today. This is Hawaiian 85 doing the inaugural MCO-HNL flight. We joined the track right behind them coming out of LAX, but it took about 1500 miles to overtake them.View attachment 58328

This got me thinking, what’s the longest “domestic” flight? HNL has to be at one end, right? HAL 51 from JFK to HNL is a little longer.

Sony A7rIV with a Tamron 28-200mm 2.8DX lens. This was shot at 200mm 1/250th f/22 640iso. I normally process stuff in Lightroom but I think the only adjustments here are a little bit of contrast and few dust spots removed. I did run it through Topaz DeNoise though to clean up some of the noise in the image. Their newest version uses AI to limit the plasticy look that you can get when you remove too much of the noise.
The Topaz suite does a great job, my only complaint is that it seems every time I launch it there is a 5 minute download for a yet another update.

BOS-HNL reigns at 5,095 miles on the circle map. MCO-HNL comes in at 4,757.

@BobDDuck rocking a Sony and making me feel like the A57 sitting in my camera bag needs some love and attention. . .

Back