daily pic

E35BEB49-581C-4425-8FE7-8BEC946F5C21_1_105_c.jpeg

Occasionally, while monitoring UA's ops freq, I'd hear guys in United's G Ramp switch over and complain about being called a "Guppy" also, sometimes by Ramp Control haha.

When MidTitanic shut down in 2006 and the E170s went to Republic, a lot of the guys started calling them Guppy Killers on Ground at DCA.

Full moon rise off the Oregon Coast from 41,000
DSC02122-Edit.jpg

Was driving from Whidbey Island down to Seattle at about 6 AM that day (Monday). Giant moon casting a really cool glow all over the water west of me as I was crossing deception pass bridge. Wish I had taken a pic!

I was just doing some writing about the moon for another project, and went down the rabbit hole of the Moon Illusion. Kind of cool how our brains work (or don't).

I was just doing some writing about the moon for another project, and went down the rabbit hole of the Moon Illusion. Kind of cool how our brains work (or don't).

hah, that's pretty interesting. I have not nerded out on that topic previously; guess I just assumed it was an atmospheric effect related to being at a low angle.

Is that like when Air Canada guys dive away from planets?

Our brains work fine, anyone that never looked at a small full moon in the sky and didn't figure out why it looks huge as it approaches the horizon baffles me. Waking up a couple of hours before dawn and going outside to look around and seeing a full moon setting is one of lifes treasures. Appolo 13 made the trick of sticking your thumb up at the moon at arms length popular and pretty simple, just follow it down with your thumb as a reference, it never changes and neither does your thumb.

Our brains work fine, anyone that never looked at a small full moon in the sky and didn't figure out why it looks huge as it approaches the horizon baffles me. Waking up a couple of hours before dawn and going outside to look around and seeing a full moon setting is one of lifes treasures. Appolo 13 made the trick of sticking your thumb up at the moon at arms length popular and pretty simple, just follow it down with your thumb as a reference, it never changes and neither does your thumb.

Great story bro

Back