Speaking of Southwest - July 2019 Hiring

So quiet!!

I felt it was a positive experience, I actually enjoyed my call. I was told about the two class dates in January and March, for those of us that do get offers, didn’t sound like there was any rhyme or reason of who would get which dates, just based on how quickly you get through backgrounds.

My portal did update to “Last Update” to the day of the phone call.

The one “curious” thing I thought was the schedule, I asked about the 6/3/6/3/6/6 schedule and they said it would be a 4/3 schedule.

Would love to hear others’ experiences. I will resume my steady rotation of checking my email, checking southwest application portal, and checking this forum, starting on Monday. Good luck to all!!! Hope everyone in this forum that got a phone interview gets to have a face to face!!

Congrats. How many years did you work at a regional? How does one prep for the job exam?

So quiet!!

I felt it was a positive experience, I actually enjoyed my call. I was told about the two class dates in January and March, for those of us that do get offers, didn’t sound like there was any rhyme or reason of who would get which dates, just based on how quickly you get through backgrounds.

The one “curious” thing I thought was the schedule, I asked about the 6/3/6/3/6/6 schedule and they said it would be a 4/3 schedule.

Would love to hear others’ experiences. I will resume my steady rotation of checking my email, checking southwest application portal, and checking this forum, starting on Monday. Good luck to all!!! Hope everyone in this forum that got a phone interview gets to have a face to face!!

Hey westcoast, I'm not too sure why you were told that its going to be a 4-3 schedule. When you first start its Monday through Friday, eight hour days all in the classroom. Once you hit the floor, you'll be with trainers or at the assistant desk doing the standard 6-3 6-3 6-6 schedule. Let me ask around about the 4-3 thing and ill get back to you.

So quiet!!

The recruiter definitely gave you incorrect information. As said above, ground training is M-Fri for about 5 weeks. Afterward, you will go through OJT as an Assistant and generally work the 6/3/6/3/6/6 rotation (unless you are junior in your class, then you will be RSV Assistant). You have to complete a minimum of 45 training shifts before you are eligible to put in to upgrade. Once you upgrade, you will be on reserve and that rotation is not guaranteed, and you are scheduled according to the Reserve Dispatcher rules.

In my call, the recruiter said Monday they were going to be discussing all the calls, so, I believe they will be in today, and its possible we could hear today, tomorrow or Wednesday. Good luck to everyone!!! I hope everyone that's in this forum gets a F2F and the TBNTs go to people off-forum. Thanks in advance to everyone who shares their experiences!

In my call, the recruiter said Monday they were going to be discussing all the calls, so, I believe they will be in today, and its possible we could hear today, tomorrow or Wednesday. Good luck to everyone!!! I hope everyone that's in this forum gets a F2F and the TBNTs go to people off-forum. Thanks in advance to everyone who shares their experiences!
Well for now, no news is good news!

Sorry to here that! Next round this summer! Hang in there!
Thanks! I have a good gig at my current shop, so its not the end of the world. I really like it here. Its just not WN. I think I got a little too nervous and possibly a little too over confident. that could have been taken as cocky I suppose. Everyone always says be super confident, so I was...maybe too much. This was my first time getting a testing invite.

Back