Uniforms

Cowboy boots on women: hawt
Cowboy boots on men: redneck chic

I've always found the whole pretending to be a cowboy thing weird. I know it's a whole "I want to appear to be a stoic tough guy." But why don't people imitate other vacations with favorable attributes.

"Are you a doctor?"
"No, I just want to look smart so I'm wearing a stethoscope, white coat, and comfortable shoes."

I've always found the whole pretending to be a cowboy thing weird. I know it's a whole "I want to appear to be a stoic tough guy." But why don't people imitate other vacations with favorable attributes.

"Are you a doctor?"
"No, I just want to look smart so I'm wearing a stethoscope, white coat, and comfortable shoes."
“Are you Batman?”
“Well, no...”

"Are you a doctor?"
Exactly why I didn't go with cowboy boots.

"Are you a doctor?"

Aviator sunglasses?

"Are you a doctor?"
Or, I dunno, it could be because they are comfortable, durable, meet dress code, and slip right on in the morning.

A guy goes to this old jewish tailor to order a suit. Tailor takes the measurements, tell him to come back in a week. A week passes, the customer goes back just to find out that more measurements are needed. Fine. He's told to come back in a month, so he does, for more measurements. Then another month for fitting of cutouts and more measurements. The process repeats a few times. Finally, seven months later the suit is ready for pickup. The guy picks up the suit and tells the old jewish taylor - "Sir, with all due respect, it took God a week to create a world and it took you seven months to make this suit!" "My dear young man, look at this world and then look at this suit..."

While long sleeves aren’t a 100% predictor of DB quotient, it is accurate often enough. Like a King Snake and a Coral Snake, I’m not going to hang around counting stripes to make sure, and I just assume worst case.

I get the cheapo tapered VHes for me. With enough of them and taking them to the cleaners, it makes for a low drag option. Expand-o-waist dad pants and cheapo shoes round out my “value minded” package.

BTW, if you have cheapo shoes and the “leather” starts to flake, you can touch them up with a sharpie and some Elmer’s glue.

Back