JETBLUE DX OPEN

Just out of curiosity how is the QOL as a dispatcher with JB? I would assume that living anywhere near the SOC is just incredibly expensive. Is there like cost of living pay included in the dispatcher salary? Not that I would turn it down if offered a position, but it would definitely be a concern I'd have.

Just out of curiosity how is the QOL as a dispatcher with JB? I would assume that living anywhere near the SOC is just incredibly expensive. Is there like cost of living pay included in the dispatcher salary? Not that I would turn it down if offered a position, but it would definitely be a concern I'd have.

It's not as bad as it seems, but we've got quite a few commuters that either rent out rooms or stay in crash pads (which there are plenty). Most stay in the Kew Gardens or Astoria area, which is easily commutable by train or bus.

It's not as bad as it seems, but we've got quite a few commuters that either rent out rooms or stay in crash pads (which there are plenty). Most stay in the Kew Gardens or Astoria area, which is easily commutable by train or bus.

Cool, thank you for the info. I went ahead and tossed my hat into the ring so I guess we will see what happens.

Cool, thank you for the info. I went ahead and tossed my hat into the ring so I guess we will see what happens.

Good luck! We're hiring five for what looks like an October class date. I know there are lots of internal candidates, not sure what kind of mix he's planning on hiring.

There are also eight central load planning positions open as well.

How low a salary are you willing to accept?

How low a salary are you willing to accept?

giphy.gif

it was posted in the past on this forum that B6 Starting pay is a little over 60k./. is this still correct ?
Four open positions looking for experienced dispatchers, last batch was mostly internal. Starting pay is a little over 60k.

Living alone is doable but like Rogo said, there are many employees in the SOC who commute and crash in neighboring areas (i.e Kew Gardens, Forest Hills both are packed with crash pads). You can of course rent out a studio for ~$1000 if that's what you desire. There are also many roommate sharing sites you can use if a crash pad is not your thing. I'm not a DX but I work in Central Load Planning and our pay is not as high as DX so with the starting DX pay you should be fine even on your own.

Living alone is doable but like Rogo said, there are many employees in the SOC who commute and crash in neighboring areas (i.e Kew Gardens, Forest Hills both are packed with crash pads). You can of course rent out a studio for ~$1000 if that's what you desire. There are also many roommate sharing sites you can use if a crash pad is not your thing. I'm not a DX but I work in Central Load Planning and our pay is not as high as DX so with the starting DX pay you should be fine even on your own.

OK cool thank you. For sure I have no inclination that I'd be living in Long Island city or anything like that. But overall I would hope to be able to afford to live on my own in more than a crash pad. But like I said it's not like I would turn down the offer now even if I did get one. Which at my current experience level is unlikely to happen but you never know.

Thanks for all the replies!

Has anyone heard from them yet? I noticed my application status changed to "Considering" but not sure if it means anything at all

Back