An MD-80 Tribute. Enjoy!

I actually loved the 80. One of the few reasons I was sad leaving my last company was not flying the 80 (and 75) anymore.

That sound in the video is louder than the one in the airplane and frankly you don't here it very much outside of the trim test on the ground or occasionally right when you turn the AP on approach. I find it better than the trim wheel sound in the 737 or the EMB-145 that seemed to ding at you constantly.

You learn to time the dings. The real question is do you like the dings or see the caution light keep flashing forever and ever.

I spent 6 years on the 145 so I feel your pain. The 88 noises are not all that annoying by comparison. Plenty of other things to annoy you with but it's a really fun airplane if you still enjoy flying.

You learn to time the dings. The real question is do you like the dings or see the caution light keep flashing forever and ever.
Nothing was worse than that damn stall protection test. A special shout out to all the captains who waited until right when I came back from my walk around to perform it.

That sound in the video is louder than the one in the airplane and frankly you don't here it very much outside of the trim test on the ground or occasionally right when you turn the AP on approach. I find it better than the trim wheel sound in the 737 or the EMB-145 that seemed to ding at you constantly.

You are a stealer of joy. This is why baby Jesus cries.

Nothing was worse than that damn stall protection test. A special shout out to all the captains who waited until right when I came back from my walk around to perform it.

At TSA we have the FO do the test. And the FO always test it when I'm looking in my flight bag. Scares the living day lights out of me.

As a mechanic it and the DC-9 are my favorite aircraft to work on. Very simple systems, built like a tank and the JT8D's are bulletproof. Just give em oil and Jet A and they will run forever. Really miss working on them.

By the way all the mods Delta has done to them is pretty cool. Got to see a few pics of a few of their 88's with the LED lights in the cabin and a few of the newer aerodynamic mods and they are sweet.

Mad Dogs are awesome. It was fun to fly, but I'm a Bus-Man now. :)

Back