Southwest Pilots have a TA

Unless your last name was Colby! Course, I guess technically it was Valujet then.

I'm not even sure who you're referencing.

I do. I thought you knew everything! Ha!

Care to enlighten me?

Lee is the son of Richard Colby, who was the DO at Delta in the mid/late 90s. He was an FO at ASA at the time. Valujet and Delta had a passive/aggressive relationship going, where Delta was helping VJ get established as "competition," yet was also trying to limit their growth.

Somehow, a 3 way deal was worked out between DL, VJ, and ASA, where certain lower time ASA FOs would go to VJ to get "jet" time since ASA was mostly turboprops, and then "flow" to Delta. Lee was the first one selected. It angered senior FOs at ASA who couldn't be selected, all the pilots at VJ who couldn't "flow" to DL, and a bunch of DL guys, just because. (not tier 1.)

Not long afterwards, the Everglades crash happened, VJ was under a microscope, and the whole thing got scrapped. Lee flew at VJ for a few years, and in 99-00, was hired at Delta.

Cptnchia said:
Lee is the son of Richard Colby, who was the DO at Delta in the mid/late 80s. He was an FO at ASA at the time. Valujet and Delta had a passive/aggressive relationship going, where Delta was helping VJ get established as "competition," yet was also trying to limit their growth. Somehow, a 3 way deal was worked out between DL, VJ, and ASA, where certain lower time ASA FOs would go to VJ to get "jet" time since ASA was mostly turboprops, and then "flow" to Delta. Lee was the first one selected. It angered senior FOs at ASA who couldn't be selected, all the pilots at VJ who couldn't "flow" to DL, and a bunch of DL guys, just because. (not tier 1.) Not long afterwards, the Everglades crash happened, VJ was under a microscope, and the whole thing got scrapped. Lee flew at VJ for a few years, and in 99-00, was hired at Delta.

Thanks. Never heard any of that before. But pretty much ancient history in AirTran terms, as the vast majority of the company was hired long after that.

Even my worse day as a mainline FO beat my best day as a regional captain. It's all in your attitude and how you approach your job.

100% spot on. There hasn't been a day yet where I miss the left seat at my prior regional.

ahole.jpg

Torture is constantly being instructed on how to fly by marginal CA's while you have 20k plus hours, are type rated and flew 700 hours PIC in the aircraft before being downgraded. Thankfully that ended 5 years ago.

QOL is key for me after that. Four days off between trips is a wonderful work rule.

Mrs. Seggy to me last night: 'Do you know that the scumbag Texas Tech coach looks like Ryan Gosling?'
And why did she call him a scumbag? Is she not an aggie? She should love him. Well, other than him spanking the aggies ass while at tech.

Back