Cape Air and seaport airlines

One of my friends works at cape. He flew for them for around a 1000 hours. Said it was a great gig for time building. Feeling like your a airline captain. Flying a 206 if I'm not mistaken. Only pïłøt in the plane. He said it is a blast!
They only have 402s.

Question....does Seaport let their SICs fly legs? Do they run off that style that airlines do where Capt. gets leg, then FO gets next leg, and etc.? Or are you literally just a PM 100% of the time.....

Depends...

When I was there, I would swap with the FO generally every other leg.

But then there were trips where I let the FO fly the entire trip. It all depended.

We alternate legs. One exception though is when ceilings are within 500' of DA or MDA, captain has to do the approach.

Question....does Seaport let their SICs fly legs? Do they run off that style that airlines do where Capt. gets leg, then FO gets next leg, and etc.? Or are you literally just a PM 100% of the time.....

@tcco94 , due to the fact they send people to the caribbean for at least 4 months a year, they have constant turn over. They obviously need guys to throw in the left seat more, but I do know they will and have hired pretty low timers out of necessity to start as SICs. @250? maybe need a little more, but can't hurt to try. Awesome tight nit group with a cool owner who still flies the line and an even cooler CP. No where else can you get the chance to fly into St. Barths 3x a day every day. PM if you have any questions.

Landing with gear-up in the sim must be part of the training plan:

Roger Roger said:
You had one job....
4ef3db3e8538967b6d3f5e8d0b124cef.jpg
When SeaPort did fly PC-12s, this one made a gear-up landing at Salina (KS). They returned the PC-12s to the lessor shortly afterward. Doubt if there was a connection, but...

Flight crew did get fired.

Well it's over. Got back late yesterday. Took a jump seat home, which was cool, but not without a few hassles. Give me a few days to rest and recuperate and I'll post up a full write up of my experience.

Couple of things to leave you guys with. Seaport while it has its issues, is a great company for those starting out. I really got a team work feel from everyone. I felt very welcome by the current employees. Made a few new friends.

For example when I had some concerns about passing the systems test, the CP spent over 4 hours with me making sure I was up to speed on the aircraft. It was offered to everyone in the class but I was the only one to take him up on it.

The tests are tough. Not everyone makes it through. I had a lot of turbine experience from the Army and still was worried I would not pass the systems test The GOM test I just made the minimum passing score. So it isn't a cake walk by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes, they did have a gear up incident a while back, and no it is not the reason for moving away from the PC12. The story is the CP worked hard to keep the 2 pilots involved from loosing their jobs. But these guys apparently really went out of their way to screw things up. My understanding is one is back flying the other isn't, CP had nothing to do with this. However I really felt like the CP is looking out for his pilots. And I heard this a lot from other pilots there. Might be the cool aid but I heard it enough from other pilots and felt it in my dealings with him. So I highly recommend the company to anyone starting out.

You are going to fly your ass off here. Most lines are 100-116 per month. So if you are looking to build time this is a good place to hang your hat for a year or so. The CP is very aware this company is a short stop in the career path of most pilots but he is dedicated to making it a good one. They need pilots so get your resume in as soon as possible.

There is a couple of things coming soon that will really make Seaport an attractive opportunity but I don't think I am allowed to discuss it. But the benefits today are pretty good as they are. But you will work your ass off for it.

Frankly I was shocked to get hired as a low time fixed wing pilot. My helicopter time made up the difference and I believe I had the third highest hours in the class with the lowest actual fixed wing time. Between that and being older by at least a decade than everyone else in the class I was the odd man out. Many jokes were made about that. Most by me.

Couple of key things to keep in mind. Seaport (as any pilot job) is a customer service job 1st and foremost. As an FO starting out, your customers are not just the passengers but the pilot as well. Keep that in mind, be flexible, always keep a positive attitude and you'll do well with your.

Seaport is a good company to get your feet wet with. I highly recommend applying. Show a good attitude with a focus on customer service and you'll have a great chance of getting hired.

Feel free to hit me up with questions but I'll do a full write up of ground school soon.

Moving to Caravans is a 100% solution to the gear up problem. That's what I call innovative thinking.

LOL, Seaport moved from the PC12 because parts were becoming an issue. Seaport had already begun the transition to the Van when the two pilots had a lapse in judgement.

LOL, Seaport moved from the PC12 because parts were becoming an issue. Seaport had already begun the transition to the Van when the two pilots had a lapse in judgement.
And by "parts were an issue" you mean "the bean counters realized that a fixed gear non pressurized airplane is a lot cheaper to run to hell with performance and comfort"?

And by "parts were an issue" you mean "the bean counters realized that a fixed gear non pressurized airplane is a lot cheaper to run to hell with performance and comfort"?

No I mean it was taking too long to get parts out of Switzerland. Planes were sitting too long waiting and not making money.

However I am sure that the cost to run a 208 factored heavily in the decision to go with a cessna product. And that if Seaport needed a part cessna would run down to the factory line and yank the needed part of a 208 being built and get it there same day or over night.

Where the guys from Switzerland would want to create a new one instead of possibly impact a delivery date.

But I am sure that the cost to run the pc12 was a factor too. Just not the main one.

No I mean it was taking too long to get parts out of Switzerland. Planes were sitting too long waiting and not making money.

However I am sure that the cost to run a 208 factored heavily in the decision to go with a cessna product. And that if Seaport needed a part cessna would run down to the factory line and yank the needed part of a 208 being built and get it there same day or over night.

Where the guys from Switzerland would want to create a new one instead of possibly impact a delivery date.

But I am sure that the cost to run the pc12 was a factor too. Just not the main one.
Yeah, I'm in 135, I know the mentality. "If it's not flying, it's not making money, what's a backup airplane?"

Ha.. beat me to it. Seaport ran the PC12's up to the heavy maintenance checks and gave them back to the lessors. As for "parts issues" wonder why they are the only operator that seem to have problems keeping their machines in the air.

Ha.. beat me to it. Seaport ran the PC12's up to the heavy maintenance checks and gave them back to the lessors. As for "parts issues" wonder why they are the only operator that seem to have problems keeping their machines in the air.

Doesn't help when you order 1 five cent part (that takes 5 minutes to replace) when the airplane suddenly needs said part rather than having some in stock.

Back