AA hiring rate and Envoy flow rant

Shameful how different you are treated? How's that?

I was treated with Southern Hospitality when I jumped seated on Southernjets as a CRJ pilot and now am treated with the same Southern hospitality as a fellow crewmember.

Along with the "they don't wave back at me in the terminal" I think these are false perceptions ingrained in one's head after reading countless Internet musing about a particular pilot group.
Thanks darling, you may go back to cheerleading now.

a regional new hire is for the most part a new 121 pilot and this untested in airline flying. I don't think it's safe to say if they pass one 121 check ride they should have a clear path to a mainline career.

That's my concern about the E2D thing. I'm all for extra screening, but airline flying is very different than anything most newhires will have ever seen. You don't know if they're any good at it until they've done it.

Book knowledge is the first step, but being able to apply it and learn from it is a different story.

Yeah. That didn't take long.
He's right about the southern hospitality part, problem was I was the northerner Catholic in the southern bible belt. Now, his viewpoint is unquestionably unbiased and we've all dealt with the pilots who fool themselves easily because facts don't fit their world view. I have a harder time with doublethink.

I like his logic, "how is it you were treated different when I didn't experience it?" "If I didn't experience it it didn't happen." Of course having bleepy comments about the flow, the SSP, and regionals was, of course, all in my head. It's in everyone's head at Endeavor who shared similar stories commuting in and out. Really though, it was a vast right-wing conspiracy against @Trip7 's husband and the entire party.

He's right about the southern hospitality part, problem was I was the northerner Catholic in the southern bible belt. Now, his viewpoint is unquestionably unbiased and we've all dealt with the pilots who fool themselves easily because facts don't fit their world view. I have a harder time with doublethink.

I like his logic, "how is it you were treated different when I didn't experience it?" "If I didn't experience it it didn't happen." Of course having bleepy comments about the flow, the SSP, and regionals was, of course, all in my head. It's in everyone's head at Endeavor who shared similar stories commuting in and out. Really though, it was a vast right-wing conspiracy against @Trip7 's husband and the entire party.

I should have quoted better. I was just referring to the Moak thing.

a regional new hire is for the most part a new 121 pilot and this untested in airline flying. I don't think it's safe to say if they pass one 121 check ride they should have a clear path to a mainline career.

One checkride? I took about eight of them at the regionals. You're thoroughly vetted by the time you'd reach your flow opportunity. And, again, this can't be overstated enough: you're already flying their passengers in airplanes painted in their colors.

Maybe so. I can think of a few from my last airline...

Every airline has them, including the legacies. But like I said, the problem is incompetence in management. I've represented guys who straight up deserved to be fired. They were completely incompetent and downright dangerous in certain situations. But management was just too damned stupid to do anything about it. Create a little paper trail, and you're covered. That's all it takes.

Every airline has them, including the legacies. But like I said, the problem is incompetence in management. I've represented guys who straight up deserved to be fired. They were completely incompetent and downright dangerous in certain situations. But management was just too damned stupid to do anything about it. Create a little paper trail, and you're covered. That's all it takes.

Some are competent pilots, but such complete and utter asses that they create a dangerous CRM environment. It's hard to fire them because they haven't done anything "wrong" other than being jerks.

Some are competent pilots, but such complete and utter asses that they create a dangerous CRM environment. It's hard to fire them because they haven't done anything "wrong" other than being jerks.
So your hoping that a reinterviewing will fend them off?

Does it strike anyone else as weird the biggest complaint is "they'll hire someone who is a jerk?" It's work, jerks work too. Do your best around them and pray they do something stupid to get fired, and the company isn't playing lazy that day because they're all chest deep in putting out whatever fire they started.

For a mainline job? Absolutely. The regional job is the interview. Flow everyone up.

I can only assume you are trolling. There is quite a difference between flying a 4-day regional trip and a 14 day international trip. You can put up with a d-bag for 4 days. 14 days? That would be hell. That's why they interview pilots at mainline.

I've represented guys who straight up deserved to be fired. They were completely incompetent and downright dangerous in certain situations

Another union problem. You should not protect those who deserve to be fired and/or are downright dangerous. The flying public deserves better than to preserve some random seniority number.

Another union problem. You should not protect those who deserve to be fired and/or are downright dangerous. The flying public deserves better than to preserve some random seniority number.
They do have an obligation to make sure the process is fair. It's kind of like the US, have have the rule of law, and sometimes guys get off on "technicalities". We try to keep some fashion, some sense of the rule of law so that all pilots are held to the same standard.

hqdefault.jpg

ATL Concourse C Pre Lee Moak:
PREC.jpg

ATL Concourse C Post Lee Moak:
C2014.jpg

Why don't you look at it from a different angle. There are several ways to terminate a pilot's employment if the company feels that's the best course. The union does not protect the pilot, rather they protect the contract that was mutually agreed upon by both the company and the collective bargaining agent. If the company wants to terminate a pilot there is a format in how to do that. In most, if not all, ALPA contracts that is found in Section 19. I understand your frustration seeing the same few individuals keep their employment when clearly they aren't a right fit. Unfortunately certain management groups don't do the necessary leg work to properly terminate those pilots employment.

ATL Concourse C Pre Lee Moak:
View attachment 29352

ATL Concourse C Post Lee Moak:
View attachment 29353
You're giving Delta's business decisions to divest in expensive 50 RJ flying credit to Moak?

Or are you saying Moak was in charge of organizing concourses?

I thought Moak was an ALPA guy, I didn't realize he was the CEO of Delta. Where have I been? You step out of the DCI network for a little bit and it's like a time warp.

You do realize that "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't just apply to the American justice system? Or do you have a problem with that too?

Sharia law isn't for everyone.

You guys argue like girls.
1284542677_rihanna-katy-perry-catfight.gif
Shouldn't you post something up with girls then? Not women. Lot of women that are lawyers and scientists and they argue with facts and use logic. Little girls and little boys often don't I agree.

Or were you just trying to emasculate all of us? Did it work? Since the majority of us are men shouldn't it be "like little boys"?

Back