Redrock Hike?

BobDDuck said:
Ewww. I had a watergun fight with a cockroach this morning. Well, by watergun fight I mean I had a can of RAID and he had nothing.
You get them flying across the apt yet? Had a formation one time.

The hike is about 1 hour (depending on how fast people are). Never seen snakes out there... just some big ass spiders.

Ask and ye shall receive....Just walking along and I saw this thing. Not sure who the dummy was that got down close to take the picture. It was a furry beast....

spiders.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive....Just walking along and I saw this thing. Not sure who the dummy was that got down close to take the picture. It was a furry beast....

View attachment 28665

Thanks. I was looking for that picture and couldn't find it so I guess I didn't take it! We didn't even see it until we stopped to rest RIGHT NEXT TO IT!

Reactions: JEP
Thats when you call the air rescue unit to airlift your ass off that mountain.

Yep that was the only thing we saw on the trails that year, other than someones dog that they brought along.....As i was taking the pic I thought if that thing jumps up at me or whatever I gonna be screwed.....

Yep that was the only thing we saw on the trails that year, other than someones dog that they brought along.....As i was taking the pic I thought if that thing jumps up at me or whatever I gonna be screwed.....

They're fairly low on the food chain I keep telling myself.

Even the big bad scorpion that we all run around screaming like bitches when we see one, that little Finch sitting on your barbecue thinks it's a cute little McNugget of arachnid goodness.

They're fairly low on the food chain I keep telling myself.

Even the big bad scorpion that we all run around screaming like bitches when we see one, that little Finch sitting on your barbecue thinks it's a cute little McNugget of arachnid goodness.

dude with that things legs it was bigger than my hand....something small I could have squashed. That thing...no dice. I just needed to be faster than one person.... Check. ;-)

Thanks. I was looking for that picture and couldn't find it so I guess I didn't take it! We didn't even see it until we stopped to rest RIGHT NEXT TO IT!

Fortunately there is no resting at the Red Rock hike. That's how you keep it to ~1 hour! ;)

I have been working hard to get back in action after the two falls last year. And my husband is anxious to use his Golden Eagle pass. Now he just has to have a bid awarded with the time off...

Last edited:
If there's room in a car, I'd like to attend. Might as well get the entire NJC experience first time out!

Back