• Later in week, higher hotel rates

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Early in week, lower hotel rates

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • Mid week, lower hotel rates

Votes: 56 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted early in the week. But in reality, I'll have to bid for whenever it is with my oh-so-sweet bottom of the list seniority.

Somewhere in hell, there might be a snowball.

Is there a better way to finance this? Having rich uncle Derg do it is great, but maybe it's time for Jet Careers 501(c)3 or something.

Ok, it looks like we're tentatively going mid-week which is going to be a Wed (10/22). That way we stay within the 43rd week of the year as well.

This is VERY PRELIMINARY...nothing is final till papers are signed, so we'll let you know when that happens....

Ok, it looks like we're tentatively going mid-week which is going to be a Wed (10/22). That way we stay within the 43rd week of the year as well.

This is VERY PRELIMINARY...nothing is final till papers are signed, so we'll let you know when that happens....
If thats the case, it fits perfectly with the concert I want to go see.

Looks like this might be another going solo year, since it's harder for the wife to get off during the middle of the week. I'm off during the middle of the week which means less days I have to burn!:)

I think folks are missing the point that if @Derg and @Kristie get a group rate and then folks don't use it because they want to save money by stating at Circus Circus, @Derg and @Kristie are on the hook. Mind you, you will probably pay more using taxis getting for circus Circus around, but you get my drift.
No I understood it when Dough explained it.

But if you stay out of the group, yup, the unreserved room comes out of my pocket. Which is why I was so frenetic in 2010 trying to move rooms or I was looking at basically spending enough money to buy a new Honda Civic if enough "Oh, I saved $5 by staying out in Green Valley, can you swing by and pick me up since you have a car?" went down.

True story.

Remember, Jetcareers isn't some faceless, well-financed subsidiary of billion-dollar Internet Brands, Inc. It's pretty much a couple people, two cats, a flatulent puppy and a whopping two advertisers because everyone else wants to run ads for free (hook me up man, I gotta sell these 32-piece sets me and Uncle Rico are selling)

Last edited:
Back