Air America Phone Interview

How has everyone's interviews been going? Has anyone received a call back yet?

Just waiting for that phone call. When I interviewed Monday he said that they had 10 more people to interview this week. They were looking to hire 9 and the in person interview total was 22 so I figure the odds aren't too bad.

I'm sitting in the hotel right now. I guess I'm rounding out the interview process. Looking forward to tomorrow. Best of luck to everybody!

Just got the thanks but no thanks. No job for this guy.

Oh well, seemed like a cool place with good folks.

Same here. I didn't expect to get it being such a low time guy, but I had a lot of fun interviewing with them. Maybe next time.

Same here. I didn't expect to get it being such a low time guy, but I had a lot of fun interviewing with them. Maybe next time.

True that. Great group of guys and Peter was fun to fly with, even in IMC. Haha.

I guess they went from 370 apps to 7 hired pilots. We made it to the top 25. Pretty good, but not enough.

I was lucky enough to get an offer of employment with Air America. Sorry to all who didn't make it through. Did any one else from JC get an offer?

Guess being a Riddle grad didn't have any pull?? I looked at the staff bios and it seems they are all Riddle grads, so I figured they'd take care of fellow allums when possible.

I'm thinking of applying in a few months, but I'm not even current right now. I'm studying for my CFI writtens right now, and am going to get a BFR and IPC before applying.

CSEL-I 600+
ERAU DAB Class 2001

^^^^ those. I'm not sure any new hires were Riddle grads. The season is almost over as well.

^^^^ those. I'm not sure any new hires were Riddle grads. The season is almost over as well.
Are you flying for them now? I saw the post where you had interviewed. If so, how has it been? How many hours have you built up etc?

Thanks,

Are you flying for them now? I saw the post where you had interviewed. If so, how has it been? How many hours have you built up etc?

Thanks,

Yes I am, it's been pretty good. I've flown about 300 hours, maybe a bit more but I just started towards the end of November.

Yes I am, it's been pretty good. I've flown about 300 hours, maybe a bit more but I just started towards the end of November.

Do you think it's doable for older married guys? My wife works for American Airlines, and is a former FA, so she is used to that type of lifestyle, and with her flight benefits, she could possibly fly out to see me somewhere. I need to get my career moving again, and I cannot afford to get my CFI right now. Now-a-days with Skype etc, I think it would be easier to do something like this for a season or two.
Sorry to hit you up for so much info, but I need to get something going.

Do you think it's doable for older married guys? My wife works for American Airlines, and is a former FA, so she is used to that type of lifestyle, and with her flight benefits, she could possibly fly out to see me somewhere. I need to get my career moving again, and I cannot afford to get my CFI right now. Now-a-days with Skype etc, I think it would be easier to do something like this for a season or two.
Sorry to hit you up for so much info, but I need to get something going.
It's really up to the couple. You're on the road for 7 - 8 months straight. You know what expect, it just comes down to having a conversation about. If you both agree that you can handle that and trust one another then this would be a great way to jump start things back up

Any recent info? I have a phone interview Monday. From all the posts in this thread it seems weird that they are hiring in march. Is this normal?

Back