So, how bad is your carrier melting down...

Fog at SFO this morning lead to huge delays and lots of diversions to SJC/OAK/MRY/SMF. SJC even got at least one United 747. Due to the resulting gate situation and the chaos of massive over sales and tons of bags due to cancellations here, some planes got out of the East Coast many hours late, diverted, then landed here and held over an hour for a gate. Must have been a looooong day for those poor guys.

Complete disaster. The company asked for, and the union approved, captains being able to pick up FO trips at 200% because they're so short staffed. And that would be 200% of their captain rate.

Complete disaster. The company asked for, and the union approved, captains being able to pick up FO trips at 200% because they're so short staffed. And that would be 200% of their captain rate.
Um, how many Capts there are right seat qualified?

Totally fogged in here, getting real used to sending mail on the ferry. Oh well, they claim that actually makes us more money than flying it does so I guess it's all good.

Haven't worked since the 29th.

No clue how Silver did, as we closed the outstations and moved to all hub basing, FAR 117 rules, and the weather probably made things interesting.

I did hear that the CLE crews that were scheduled to be deadheaded on the 1st were given space available on United rather than positive space with a seat...

Canceled two legs today and ferried from MRY-IDA instead. Patiently watching to see if my plane gets in tonight for tomorrow morning (not likely). Wheels are falling even for this relatively tight ship of an operation. Plenty of phone calls today from pilots with 117 related questions.

Rough day to start 117 with DEN, SFO and ORD all being jacked by weather. Think I'll go grab a whiskey and watch the show unfold.

Back