Derg, Update on Ground School Please

jwp_145

GhostRider in the Sky
So how is the bus school going? Please to tell us any funnies, quirks, cavaets, etc...

Got the type done on Friday, I start TOE (Tranoceanic IOE) on Monday. DTW-CDG-MSP-AMS-DTW.

It was fun, it was maddening, highs and lows. I'm sure I bitched enough at @H46Bubba and @AUAeropilot so that they can write a book!

I'll write a breakdown when I get some free time and thanks for asking!

Congrats! That's a four day pairing right?

Wow, guess that makes sense I met a 767? FO I think? last week at JFK who had come back from a 48 hr layover in Madrid.

Gives me more motivation to "rise above" 6 legs a day out of ORD to exotic places like Madison, Dubuque, and Omaha in February!

That's too funny as that was probably my trip! :)

You have reporting points on 30 minute flights?

Not normally, although I've gone into Hilo twice now with no radar coverage on that side of the island and had to report inbound on the approach due to low ceilings. I meant more along the lines of "what fix did the just clear us to and how do you spell that" and who and when to call on the ground for gates and load control and all that stuff.

Not normally, although I've gone into Hilo twice now with no radar coverage on that side of the island and had to report inbound on the approach due to low ceilings. I meant more along the lines of "what fix did the just clear us to and how do you spell that" and who and when to call on the ground for gates and load control and all that stuff.
Gotcha!

Better 6 legs in a E-Jet than a turboprop with no APU :(

Oh Im on the 140/145, E jet would be nice! I did a 4 day once (2 of which) were with the APU and the FMS MEL'd in mid July... And of course there were turns through YUL and YQO. Those French Canadians are the friendliest! o_O

Got the type done on Friday, I start TOE (Tranoceanic IOE) on Monday. DTW-CDG-MSP-AMS-DTW.

It was fun, it was maddening, highs and lows. I'm sure I bitched enough at @H46Bubba and @AUAeropilot so that they can write a book!

I'll write a breakdown when I get some free time and thanks for asking!

Will you then be done with IOE after that trip?

Y'all do a lot of Pacific stuff on that aero plane?

If so how do they build those pairings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do! But a lot of 330s are undergoing the lie-flat mods so it's primarily Trans Atlantic for the next couple months.

I'll try to dig up a pairing to show you.

The piece of paper seems kinda puny for what it represents. Congrats!

Keep your TOE out of the water.

I don't know if almost running out of space is a good thing or means that I need to stay put for a bit!

They do! But a lot of 330s are undergoing the lie-flat mods so it's primarily Trans Atlantic for the next couple months.

I'll try to dig up a pairing to show you.

Thanks. Just curious how they do things there.

Y'all aren't doing lie flats for the transpacific fleet? Or are all the planes getting them and they are out of service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back