"We've got 8000 resumes on file!"

mshunter

So I was sitting in the smoking area at De-toilet the other day and was listening to a few guys talk about how many resumes they have on file from two different major airlines. They were talking about the (DOOOOOM!!!!) pilot shortage.

"We've got 8000 resumes on file at our company, [Major airline] has 8000, and [Cargo airline] has 8500! That's over 24000 resumes! There isn't a lack of pilots out there!"

I took a last puff on my smoke, looked at them and said "You guys do realize that that's mostly the same 8000 guys resumes at all those companies, right?"

They looked puzzled. Stumped almost, like "that can't be!" I walked back to the KCM line and went on with my day, not really caring either way.

Do you think I'm right?

I'd wager it's probably the same 10-12,000. Just a hunch, but I think the qualified folks looking to move are looking to move anywhere as long as it's out of the bottom feeder, probably not a lot of company allegiance after all this stagnation.

So I was sitting in the smoking area at De-toilet the other day and was listening to a few guys talk about how many resumes they have on file from two different major airlines. They were talking about the (DOOOOOM!!!!) pilot shortage.

"We've got 8000 resumes on file at our company, [Major airline] has 8000, and [Cargo airline] has 8500! That's over 24000 resumes! There isn't a lack of pilots out there!"

I took a last puff on my smoke, looked at them and said "You guys do realize that that's mostly the same 8000 guys resumes at all those companies, right?"

They looked puzzled. Stumped almost, like "that can't be!" I walked back to the KCM line and went on with my day, not really caring either way.

Do you think I'm right?
Very dramatic. You should write a novel.

Would be interesting to know what % are viable candidates vs. unviable (i.e. don't meet posted minimums)

I'd wager a guess that the applicants for airlines using Airline Apps would all meet the minimums. Why would you pay $60 a year to have an app in at United if you only have 900 hours?

Also I would like to know how many of those pilot already have gotten another job. Considering it can take up to a few years for an airline to call an applicant. Only in aviation, SMH

I asked a relevant, legitimate question. Wrenching bothered me. I hated it an bitched about it constantly. So I got out. You, were just being a prick, and poking at the nest. And it probably upset you that I called you out on it. I guess you could say I turned the troll on you. ;)

But it's okay, I think you're still winning the internetz! You're quick, and witty! And we all know that that's all that matters in life, right?

I asked a relevant, legitimate question. Wrenching bothered me. I hated it an bitched about it constantly. So I got out. You, were just being a prick, and poking at the nest. And it probably upset you that I called you out on it. I guess you could say I turned the troll on you. ;)

But it's okay, I think you're still winning the internetz! You're quick, and witty! And we all know that that's all that matters in life, right?
I'll take one more sip of my coffee. Thank god that eased the pain after you upset me.

Like I said quitting is not my approach in life.
I would have loved to hear you tell MLK that if he has a problem with segregation that he should just quit and go somewhere else.

Like I said quitting is not my approach in life.
I would have loved to hear you tell MLK that if he has a problem with segregation that he should just quit and go somewhere else.

That wasn't what I was asking. I was curious as to why you stay in it.

Back