"We've got 8000 resumes on file!"

That wasn't what I was asking. I was curious as to why you stay in it.
I'm sorry, I just read it as why don't you leave :) glass half empty perspective.
I stay because I love flying, and I hope I can find a place in aviation that I won't regret finding myself in.

I'm sorry, I just read it as why don't you leave :) glass half empty perspective.
I stay because I love flying, and I hope I can find a place in aviation that I won't regret finding myself in.

I had made it to almost the top as a wrench, and didn't see it getting any better, so I bounced. But as I've gotten older, I've just come to accept aviation for the way it is. Plus, my free time is more devoted to my kids than trying to change the world.

That's great man. I sure you truly love flying since you have something to compare it to.
Yeah I still have the spark in me. We'll just see if burns me or burns down the walls that hold us back

Rex, wtf is in Sioux Falls, SD?

I am sad to say that I almost feel in love with that city this past weekend. I think I'm just gonna keep it at "major crush" level though.

Airline Baggage Fees and Ancillary Fees Are Not Going Away

Pilots earn less than airport window washers

Airlines oppose law increasing pilot flight hours

Decision to make......

The infamous "pilot shortage" again...

You certainly came full circle @mshunter. What happened to the "I'll not an airline pilot", "I'm not a 121 guy" stuff? Certainly a change as well from sitting in class in Sioux Falls SD.

Just speaking for myself, I was about as anti-121 as they come. Flew charter and corporate, agreeing with everybody about the airline suck. Yet here I am, several years into 121 and actually not hating it. Things change...

Just speaking for myself, I was about as anti-121 as they come. Flew charter and corporate, agreeing with everybody about the airline suck. Yet here I am, several years into 121 and actually not hating it. Things change...

I've found that if flying is your whole entire life, part 121 will kick you in the nuts. But if you get your happiness in life elsewhere, its hard to beat a 121 schedule once you build up some semblance of seniority.

I've found that if flying is your whole entire life, part 121 will kick you in the nuts. But if you get your happiness in life elsewhere, its hard to beat a 121 schedule once you build up some semblance of seniority.
Wholeheartedly agree.

And if you actually like (or can at least tolerate) flying airplanes, it really is a great job to have. In many ways this job is the easiest and best job that I've ever had, in fact. Come in, fly the airplane, go home and leave work at work.

Nah...just some really friendly and happy people - oddly, I know. In a city that size with the climate that they can not stand. Meh, I just got a kick out of their sense of community. Was really fun to witness and enjoy.

Do you think I'm right?[/quote]
Yes. Because everybody and their dog has my resume. And I'm not the only one trying jump ship from the regionals.

Back