Honolulu Cargo Startup?

MNFlyboy

Ok, so this is on Craigslist so the usual red flag goes up, and while we'd all like to high five HR for the payscales (especially FO), still a little suspect. Anyone care to shine some light on this?

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/trp/4064410879.html
Cargo Pilots (HNL)
Aloha,

Upstart Turboprop Inter-Island Cargo Airline looking for Captains and First Officers with PT6 experience.

Aviation related 2 or 4 year college degree preferred but not required and a First Class Medical as well as:

Minimum flight experience to include;

Captains:
ATP with minimum 300 hours Turbine PIC

Or a minimum of:
1200 Hours Total Flight Time
500 hours multi engine in transport category aircraft
500 hours operating PT6 turboprop
Hawaii experience preferred
FAR Part 135 Experience will be given preference

First Officers:
250 Hours Total Flight Time
FAR Part 135 Experience will be given preference but not required

Compensation;

Captains: First Year $4000 per month salary
Yearly increase of $600 per year to a maximum of $5800 per month after 3 years
First Officers: First Year $3000 per month salary
First Officers upon upgrade will be compensated based on longevity with our company

One month vacation accrued after first year per year of service with no limit. COLA automatically compensated, on-time and fuel saving bonus checks issued based on performance, profit sharing, health and dental. EOE M/F/D/V DFWP

Operations;

Part 135 Scheduled
Planned pilot staffing for 65-70 hours of flight time per month
Other operational amenities modeled off Part 121 requirements to increase operational efficiency

Looking for easy going, hard working, safety oriented pilots that enjoy flying in Hawaii. Staffing for between 15-16 Captains and 16-17 First Officers. If this opportunity seems like something you'd be interested in, please email me your résumé and cover letter.

Mohalo,
Faye Suart
Recruiting

I sent my info. It would be great to fly in the islands again. You never know until you try.

Derek

Wonder what they will be flying since it looks like 2 crew will be required... especially since they want PT6 experience... Shorts? BE1900? Saab is out/Brasilia out/ Dash is out.... this could be interesting indeed!

Wonder what they will be flying since it looks like 2 crew will be required... especially since they want PT6 experience... Shorts? BE1900? Saab is out/Brasilia out/ Dash is out.... this could be interesting indeed!
Ya, I can't think of anything with pt6's on it that needs 2 pilots for freight under 135.

Ya, I can't think of anything with pt6's on it that needs 2 pilots for freight under 135.
IF the Shorts has PT6's (never flown it but it does look like it) that is the only aircraft I can think of... perhaps the second pilot is for insurance purposes?

IF the Shorts has PT6's (never flown it but it does look like it) that is the only aircraft I can think of... perhaps the second pilot is for insurance purposes?
I doubt the insurance is really 30k more with 1 pilot.
The shorts does have pt6's but I can't imagine that thing can't be flown single pilot. The gear doesn't come up and it's unpressurized, how complex can it possibly be?

We operated our SD3-30's with two crew, and Trans Air has a slew of 3-60's, both have PT-6's and they fly two crew as well. I don't think its certified SP ops. Not holding my breath on this one. Don't believe it 'til you see it, right? The USPS mail contracts were all bid and won in August, Corporate does most of the FedEx Feeder flying with some heavier lift going to Aloha or Trans Air, maybe UPS? Trans Air has a pretty good lock down on the other local freight flying, so not sure where this is coming from......

A google of Faye Suart brings nothing but the craigslist ad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Derek, when and where did you fly in HI?

The company I was flying for in the states was asked to have our cert used and we took it. I was flying the AMR flights out of Maui. I was only in the islands for about 3 months.

Derek

I doubt the insurance is really 30k more with 1 pilot.
The shorts does have pt6's but I can't imagine that thing can't be flown single pilot. The gear doesn't come up and it's unpressurized, how complex can it possibly be?
It probably has a tiller. That would make it a two person airplane. Similar to the CASA.

I saw this a few weeks ago too, it's beyond sketchy. I didn't even bother sending them an email fishing for more info. First, they spelled "Mahalo" wrong, and who pays a FO $3k to start out? 15 or so crews is a big operation and this is cargo market is full.

But I could be wrong, has anyone contacted them?

I did and expect to get one of those Nigerian "money" emails! But hey you NEVER know.

Derek

It probably has a tiller. That would make it a two person airplane. Similar to the CASA.
The metro has/came with a tiller to.

I saw this a few weeks ago too, it's beyond sketchy. I didn't even bother sending them an email fishing for more info. First, they spelled "Mahalo" wrong, and who pays a FO $3k to start out? 15 or so crews is a big operation and this is cargo market is full.

But I could be wrong, has anyone contacted them?
Our King Air FO's get ~4200 a month.

Reactions: EIR
The metro has/came with a tiller to.
But not PT6's... unless I missed that mod and STC.

And now that I am looking at it a little more I wonder... if this is bogus who would spend the time to post this in such detail. PT6/"transport category aircraft" aren't exactly a layman's term, FO's required to have at least 250 TT (I believe which is the minimum to get your commercial Part 91) so they would have to know something about the regulations, and 60-75 hours a month. I mean who would take the time to organize their thoughts in this type of manner, do the research, and then post it... if it were bogus?
Am I going crazy?

Last edited:
Shorts are Two pilot aircraft. My guess as to why is the fact that they are so ugly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Back