Honolulu Cargo Startup?

What are your thoughts on Fairbanks?
Fantastic. However, I just bought a house in Colorado.
Interesting. I thought you couldnt have a single pilot aircraft and still have a tiller.
The tiller is on the captain's side, so I don't see why not, unless there is some FAA reg buried from 1980 that is irreverent but still enforced.

The tiller is on the captain's side, so I don't see why not, unless there is some FAA reg buried from 1980 that is irreverent but still enforced.
The way someone explained it to me is airplanes with a tiller cant be single pilot because one pilot cant run power levers, yoke, and tiller all at once.

The way someone explained it to me is airplanes with a tiller cant be single pilot because one pilot cant run power levers, yoke, and tiller all at once.
Negative. Like Erik said, there are plenty of single pilot metro's running around with a tiller. The DHC-6 has a tiller, but is single pilot as well.

4200 a month? I LOVE Fairbanks and so does my wife for that matter. Where do I sign?

Derek
You can probably make a lot more driving a navajo or something. Also, why is that a lot of money? It's basically 50k.

Negative. Like Erik said, there are plenty of single pilot metro's running around with a tiller. The DHC-6 has a tiller, but is single pilot as well.

Done plenty of single pilot flying in Metro's with a tiller, though I've never seen a Shorts operated single pilot.

Why in the name of the FSM would you want to do that?
Keep in mind I have never flown anything with a tiller before, but the CASA seems really squirrelly on the ground in a crosswind. With the gust lock in the airplane will tip so much the wing is within a few feet of the ground.

Keep in mind I have never flown anything with a tiller before, but the CASA seems really squirrelly on the ground in a crosswind. With the gust lock in the airplane will tip so much the wing is within a few feet of the ground.

The thinking is (in every plane I've flown with a tiller) is that you don't want to use it at a speed when the rudder or ailerons are still effective. The scariest thing I've ever seen (well, maybe not THE scariest... In college I dated a girl who watched Sex and the City regularly) was a captain taking, after touchdown, deploying the reversers, moving their right hand to the yoke to hold in full crosswind correction and then moving their left hand to the tiller (at 100+ knots) to try to "steer it into the window".

The thinking is (in every plane I've flown with a tiller) is that you don't want to use it at a speed when the rudder or ailerons are still effective. The scariest thing I've ever seen (well, maybe not THE scariest... In college I dated a girl who watched Sex and the City regularly) was a captain taking, after touchdown, deploying the reversers, moving their right hand to the yoke to hold in full crosswind correction and then moving their left hand to the tiller (at 100+ knots) to try to "steer it into the window".
That sounds like a recipe for interesting!

Our POI made us swap all of our Metro's with tillers over to the rudder system. We only buy ones without tillers fwiw.

Our POI made us swap all of our Metro's with tillers over to the rudder system. We only buy ones without tillers fwiw.
All of AMF's Metros that had a tiller have been converted to rudder control.

The conversions came with a slight system change that could cause some operational issues if the pilot didn't know about the difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Back