DOJ sues to prevent LCC/AMR link up

After reading things over the past couple of days, I feel this merger has a 50/50 chance of being allowed to continue.

:)
After reading things over the past couple of days, I feel this merger has a 50/50 chance of being allowed to continue.
After reading some of the info about the doj suit I'm thinking that it's got a better than 50%. Most analysts think this suit is garbage and ridiculous. Add to the fact that aa is beyond the point of no return to get a stand alone plan.

:)
After reading some of the info about the doj suit I'm thinking that it's got a better than 50%. Most analysts think this suit is garbage and ridiculous. Add to the fact that aa is beyond the point of no return to get a stand alone plan.

Yeah, but if it does go through they will have to give up DCA slots.

I think that was going to be the case anyway. But if it goes to trial and they win they might not have to give up anything.

I don't know much about the process, but at least we will see the results. I'm not sure which is better for JetBlue, divestiture or a complete merger blockage.

I think the DOJ will want to settle, as they'd get eaten alive in court. I bet on it and bought AAMRQ a day after then announcement. We'll see.

I think the DOJ will want to settle, as they'd get eaten alive in court. I bet on it and bought AAMRQ a day after then announcement. We'll see.

I have considered doing this as well. If you know the member named TripleSeven, you may want to consult him. He is the only person I know who has been able to make a hefty amount of money with airline stocks.

Can someone clue me in, I thought buying bankrupt stock was worthless. When the company comes out of bankruptcy isn't the stock wiped out completely in 99% of cases? Why is there any value associated with that stock right now?

Can someone clue me in, I thought buying bankrupt stock was worthless. When the company comes out of bankruptcy isn't the stock wiped out completely in 99% of cases? Why is there any value associated with that stock right now?

They never actually invalidated then stock. They proudly proclaimed after raking employee groups over the coals that hey, lookit, all our creditors are getting paid after all!

AMR never wiped the stock, they just got delisted and wound up on the pink sheets.

They never actually invalidated then stock. They proudly proclaimed after raking employee groups over the coals that hey, lookit, all our creditors are getting paid after all!

AMR never wiped the stock, they just got delisted and wound up on the pink sheets.
If true why is the stock priced so low? I see it was around $0.40/share last year, but since went up to $7.00. Now down to $2.75 or so with a market cap of under $1 bil. I would assume the company is worth much more than that buy itself even without merging. Why the huge selloff?

Back