Delta/Alaska joint announcement Monday

But but, if you sign the TA, more growth and hiring right? Sadly, I think MGT found a way around dealing with retirements. More codeshares. Didn't you guys announce some more Paris flying but done with your alliance with Air France? Shouldn't that flying be done by Delta also? I am really getting the feeling I will be stuck at this regional life and never move on to a major. #FML

Oh joy more codeshare work.

The Delta guys/gals on here would be proud. We have this thing called "FlightPath", which is basically a company kool-aid waterborading day. We had 2 marketing guys in there talking about how great the codeshare with DL is for AAG, but how we can "stand on our own" etc. They didn't like the being asked "So flying, for example the "new redeye" service from Seattle to Atlanta...it starts as soon as Delta ends their annual second summer season redeye...wouldn't that be like Alaska being a Delta CPA carrier?"

Reactions: Cav
The Delta guys/gals on here would be proud. We have this thing called "FlightPath", which is basically a company kool-aid waterborading day. We had 2 marketing guys in there talking about how great the codeshare with DL is for AAG, but how we can "stand on our own" etc. They didn't like the being asked "So flying, for example the "new redeye" service from Seattle to Atlanta...it starts as soon as Delta ends their annual second summer season redeye...wouldn't that be like Alaska being a Delta CPA carrier?"

What's worse is when your union feeds a similar BS line.

Things could get interesting though since the DC9s are now slated to stay through 2014, we'll see if CDG has a positive outcome, as well as this thing on Monday ( hopefully HND was awarded). The marketing hours need to come out for next year...

Things could get interesting though since the DC9s are now slated to stay through 2014, we'll see if CDG has a positive outcome, as well as this thing on Monday ( hopefully HND was awarded). The marketing hours need to come out for next year...

Methinks the "new model" is going to more or less be the "old NWA model" where basically, we're serving multiple cities into AMS and CDG, then Skyteam flies them on from their hubs.

We've lost a lot of cities.

Methinks the "new model" is going to more or less be the "old NWA model" where basically, we're serving multiple cities into AMS and CDG, then Skyteam flies them on from their hubs.

We've lost a lot of cities.
I agree, but I dont think there will be much reduction if that is the case. Just take the traditinal route map ( Hub to multiple foreign cities) and flip it around ( multiple US cities to one major foreign hub). There will be feed to the main US hubs and now potentially more to these new International routes at non hub airports. Who knows though. Either way the 9s staying is a good sign IMO

AS west feed into SEA for DL....QX gets regional feed out of San Jose...to LAX and SOCAL...

Merger in 10 years...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

O the difference in a "marketing model" and a "scheduling model". From a regional standpoint I miss the NWA marketing schedule. It worked "much more better". That's as southern as I can get.

I agree, but I dont think there will be much reduction if that is the case. Just take the traditinal route map ( Hub to multiple foreign cities) and flip it around ( multiple US cities to one major foreign hub). There will be feed to the main US hubs and now potentially more to these new International routes at non hub airports. Who knows though. Either way the 9s staying is a good sign IMO
I think it has to do with SWA having a hard time getting those 717's over to DAL.

Delta Connection (Operated by Alaska Airlines)?

All hail joint ventures!

Watch the success of your airline from the comfort of a RLL, SIL or reserve, right on your couch!

Back