Delta/Alaska joint announcement Monday

What kinda fancy-ass 767s do you have that can do SEA-PVG with a load? That's a hell of a haul.

It did get announced that the 747-400 will be re-appearing at Seattle. Starting next June, Delta will fly SEA-NRT using it.

dasleben, Derg can probably give you a better answer since he flies it and all, but from riding the SouthernJet's JS lately...the pilots have said the 76 with winglets has roughly 13-13.5 hr endurance with a 1hr reserve.

It did get announced that the 747-400 will be re-appearing at Seattle. Starting next June, Delta will fly SEA-NRT using it.

dasleben, Derg can probably give you a better answer since he flies it and all, but from riding the SouthernJet's JS lately...the pilots have said the 76 with winglets has roughly 13-13.5 hr endurance with a 1hr reserve.

767-300ER....COMPLETELY different performance than 767-300 that you see domestically.

767-300ER....COMPLETELY different performance than 767-300 that you see domestically.

We run -300ERs as well (no winglets), and 13.5 hours with a load in the back and legal reserves would be quite a stretch, particularly westbound across the NOPAC. The winglets must help a lot. I'm trying to think back to civilian loads, but with any appreciable headwind, I still don't think we could do it. -200ER would probably do it, though.

I've had the ER a good bit on the early morning flights from ATL to SEA and PDX, love using the rest seats when they're available. Just sucks no wifi yet

A 767 will do almost 12 hours, but man, you'd better have your passenger and cargo load in order! :)

I
I wish there were good 767s to HNL!

The ER is nice because it has 2 JS's up front, and I have yet to have a Captain that didn't tell me to go take a crew rest seat and hangout there. The cargo hold bunks are pretty awesome. Hell, Delta treats me awesome, Period.

Also being speculated today around SEA, there's an order for 26 737MAX's to an undisclosed carrier...talk is, it's Alaska...

(Kinda hoping it's a pretty vanilla event tomorrow, if there is one)

And the non-revs better have some ZED passes ready.

Unfortunately, yes.

"load optimization" largely means, "to hell with your travel benefits you paid for, this shipment of socks is more important than you are, but there's no money in cargo so we're shuttering our freight operation, embrace the suck".

Unfortunately, yes.

"load optimization" largely means, "to hell with your travel benefits you paid for, this shipment of socks is more important than you are, but there's no money in cargo so we're shuttering our freight operation, embrace the suck".

Yep...saw it yet again with MUC-ATL last week. Not sure why I even bothered! 8 seats open, no matter. I knew I should have slept in and just shown up well-rested for the Lufthansa flight at 15:55 we ended up on.

The most extreme one I've seen was PEK-NRT. I got the last seat and there were 27 seats left open. Three hour flight: weight restricted!!

Largely, it's lazy load planners. They'll keep non-rev's off the jet so when the final numbers come, they can push on time without doing last minute hard math.

It's all about on-time, ya know :p

Delta, Alaska Announce Seattle Expansion
Growth plan in Seattle includes new nonstop flights to Shanghai and Tokyo-Haneda; Boeing 747-400 service to Tokyo-Narita; upgraded aircraft interiors with full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite on key international flights
Delta, Alaska partnership provides significant customer benefits and supports expanded international service
Oct 8, 2012

SEATTLE, Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) and Alaska Airlines (NYSE: ALK) will expand international service and customer enhancements in Seattle, growth that benefits customers of both airlines thanks to the alliance between the two carriers.

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20090202/DELTALOGO )

The growth and customer enhancements include:

Proposed new nonstop Delta service between Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and Shanghai Pu Dong International Airport, pending approval by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
Proposed new nonstop Delta service between Seattle and Haneda Airport in Tokyo, pending DOT approval.
The deployment of Delta's flagship Boeing 747-400 jet on flights between Seattle and Narita Airport in Tokyo, featuring a fully upgraded interior with full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite, individual in-flight entertainment in every seat throughout the aircraft, expanded overhead bins and other amenities.
Newly upgraded Boeing 767-300 aircraft on Delta's flights between Seattle and Paris, Beijing and Osaka, Japan, also offering full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite and upgraded amenities.
Additional nonstop Delta service between Seattle and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York.
Upgraded BusinessElite service on all Delta Seattle-JFK flights to match the product and amenities of Delta's JFK service from Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Sea-Tac airport improvements including a new Delta Sky Club, new power ports throughout Delta's facilities, expanded ticket counters, lobby renovations and other improvements.
An ongoing partnership between Delta and Alaska that includes codesharing in Seattle and shared customer benefits including reciprocal lounge access and frequent flier programs.
"Delta's expansion in Seattle will link this important West Coast city even closer with key markets in Asia, boosting its economy, creating jobs and providing benefits to travelers across the Pacific Northwest region," said Richard Anderson, Delta's chief executive. "This kind of international growth is possible only because of our partnership with Alaska, and customers of both our airlines will benefit from this newly strengthened relationship."

"About 1,200 travelers connect on Alaska and Delta flights in Seattle every day," Alaska Airlines CEO Brad Tilden said. "We're very pleased to offer them a seamless flying experience, highlighted by our renowned customer service. We're also looking forward to providing travelers with new flying options to Asia on Delta that will feature significantly enhanced onboard amenities."

Maybe a preplanned apology on why the Alaska computers have been down all morning.

Not AS/QX fault...Sprint had a fiber line get cut at 7.40am that feeds our IMAGE system. Thus the entire operation is at a standstill...I was supposed to fly a Spokane turn and now I sit at home released.

Not AS/QX fault...Sprint had a fiber line get cut at 7.40am that feeds our IMAGE system. Thus the entire operation is at a standstill...I was supposed to fly a Spokane turn and now I sit at home released.
Are you still SEA based?

Back