Who Should be Able to Fly Airshows?

Just wanted to point out what an (content deleted) Seggy is making himself look in this thread. Remember when you told me I can't comment on airline pilot stuff? Probably should be the same for you and air show performers. At least these guys don't have 50+ people in the back to kill when they land/to from the wrong airport.

Thats why I tend to just overlook most of Seggy's posts.

All I really see is "If its not an airline environment its dangerous, and should be made to conform to airline standards in the interest of safety."

I think you make a valid point. It is amazing to me how many people, who are in aviation for a living, who are absolutely patently ignorant when it comes to aviation as a whole. It's almost like some people woke up one morning after going to the airport and seeing a 737 and declaring "I'm gonna do THAT!" who have absolutely no idea that there is a world of aviation outside of the terminal.

But when it comes to espousing an opinion about those things outside of the terminal.... well.... those would be the same people that will tell you that they could care less about GA. Interesting, isn't it?

Its because he flies drives programs an airbus, and therefor knows everything about all aspects of aviation.

Ouch. You guys are brutal.

I always give him the benefit of the doubt because of his userpic... I mean, nobody who uses an AT (or is it a Thrush?) for an avatar can be that bad...

~Foxy

I've worked on Reno racers in the past, what happened with Jimmy was unfotunate. Seggy knows not of what he speaks. To just blame it on the MX crew is unfair. Perhaps he's just trolling.

Just wanted to point out what an Seggy is making himself look in this thread. Remember when you told me I can't comment on airline pilot stuff? Probably should be the same for you and air show performers. At least these guys don't have 50+ people in the back to kill when they land/to from the wrong airport.

This post really shows your maturity. Once again good luck in this career.

I've worked on Reno racers in the past, what happened with Jimmy was unfotunate. Seggy knows not of what he speaks. To just blame it on the MX crew is unfair. Perhaps he's just trolling.

Then am I reading the NTSB report wrong? Seriously educate me people!

Ouch. You guys are brutal.

I always give him the benefit of the doubt because of his userpic... I mean, nobody who uses an AT (or is it a Thrush?) for an avatar can be that bad...

~Foxy

You DO know he's going to need Google for the reference you threw out there, right? :rolleyes:

Huh? Something I do know about is how to read a NTSB Report.

You sure about that? So far, the preliminary is out. Preliminaries are just that. From the NTSB website:
Generally, a preliminary report is available online within a few days of an accident. Factual information is added when available, and when the investigation is completed, the preliminary report is replaced with a final description of the accident and its probable cause.

What, exactly, are you really good at it in respect to NTSB reports?

Had we used the preliminary to espouse great wisdom and knowledge about the Colgan incident, you'd have told us we were ignorant.

I still don't understand how we went from Airshows to Air Racing.... The fact they involve airplanes going fast close to the ground is about the ONLY thing they have in common...

Keep it civil gents, or some people will find themselves magically sent VFR direct to JC Gitmo.

Seggy brings up valid questions. With any accident, there will need to be all sorts of things looked at, procedures reviewed to see if they're still valid and were or weren't used, overall ways of doing business checked; that kind of stuff. What I read is Seggy asking with respect to the Reno accident is: a) what some of this regulation that's already in place is, and b) Have their been any changes or modifications to them, following any post-accident findings review(s) of them?

Then am I reading the NTSB report wrong? Seriously educate me people!

Educate yourself. Get out of the terminal, and go shake hands with the people in one of the 5200+ GA airports around the country. Go to Reno. Go to a Fly-In. Meet the REAL people who are doing the heavy lifting in the industry.

How is it that you are asking us for the database link when I pulled it up by searching Sept 1, 2011, Sept 30, 2011, Fatality, Nevada, and it's the only link that comes up?

So, you read an NTSB report and now you know everything about air racing?

No. From reading the NTSB Report on the Reno Air Race they took a look at the maintenance procedures pretty in depth and made a lot of recommendations around that. Can you dispute that fact?

As far as I know you don't race, perform or attend. Why is your underwear in a twisty over this?

Back