Turbine DONT's

In the Dash-8-200 if the prop goes into the ground fine range there may not be enough pressure to force the prop back into the flight range, aka you're SOL/dead.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Just wait till you find a misrigged plane. I was landing once and bought the levers back to idle only for the plane to just stop flying and slam in.

That used to happen regularly on the old 1900 B/C models I flew back in the day. Bring the power back to idle in the flare, and suddenly one prop decides to go into ground fine. Makes for an interesting landing.

Whatever you do, no matter the conditions - don't run Lean of Peak. Also, don't forget to check the mags before every take-off.

Sitting in class when I read this. I lol'ed way too hard. Was asked to explain what was so funny. Tried. Failed. Epic. FTW!

Just wait till you find a misrigged plane. I was landing once and bought the levers back to idle only for the plane to just stop flying and slam in.

My favorite so far has been an uncommanded reverse on rollout.

I was going to warn against misrigging and warn out ground fine/beta detents.

Dont start to taxi until the line guy confirms the GPU is detached.... says the guy who watched a Lear drag a GPU across the ramp during his line-guy days.

If you've hit the stoppers with the power levers, something has probably gone awry.

If you've hit the stoppers with the power levers, something has probably gone awry.
That very much depends on your airplane and even then the engine in that airplane. I hit the forward travel limits all the time in the DA's we fly in without touching any limitation.

That very much depends on your airplane and even then the engine in that airplane. I hit the forward travel limits all the time in the DA's we fly in without touching any limitation.

I hit the stops every time I fly, regardless of the airframe.

The aft stops.

Happens everyday to me on takeoff during summertime in two different airplanes with PT-6's. In the winter I usually hit the stop around 10,000 feet. Tired motor, rigging, etc.

Back