Turbine DONT's

Remember that T6/ITT/whatever you call it on your airplane is a compromise between accuracy at the temperature in the hot section, and sensor survivability - and these temperatures will vary between individual engines of the same design (CLUNK, "Ignition light out," "Uh...four hundred and fifty eight?") and between different designs.

We have 800/816 continuous/5 minutes, then for start 816-850 for 20 seconds and 850-950 for 5 seconds (all degrees C) on start. The actual temperatures where the actual burning is going on is higher, but they can't be accurately measured since the sensors themselves would quickly be destroyed. And would probably be super scurrry. :)
That is very true. It is just interesting to compare temps of different engines.

As in the emergency fuel shutoff?
That is what we guard.

For start or continuous? Our continuous was ~920C and we set power by either 875C ITT or max torque, whichever came first on the non-srl engines and on the srl engine just push em forward, but don't let it bypass(there were little blue lights that'd let you know if you were there).

Pshhh, even that's cold. The garret's I flew max start ITT was 1149C
For start. 650 is our srl. I rarely see it get that high. Usually low 600s on climb, and high 500s in cruise.

That is very true. It is just interesting to compare temps of different engines.

That is what we guard.

For start. 650 is our srl. I rarely see it get that high. Usually low 600s on climb, and high 500s in cruise.

Ah, well srl throws everything out the window. They could literally just use a picture of a cow and chicken and be like, don't exceed chicken. Well, really they could do that for any gauge....

I've never heard of covering the emergency fuel shutoff. In 4 trops now, tpes and pt6s. What does that accomplish that the condition lever to fuel cutoff/emergency feather does not? Do you commonly have that not shut off the fuel when tested?

Ah, well srl throws everything out the window. They could literally just use a picture of a cow and chicken and be like, don't exceed chicken. Well, really they could do that for any gauge....

I've never heard of covering the emergency fuel shutoff. In 4 trops now, tpes and pt6s. What does that accomplish that the condition lever to fuel cutoff/emergency feather does not? Do you commonly have that not shut off the fuel when tested?
There are only two ways to shutoff fuel. Either with the electronic fuel valve switches, or with the emergency feather handle. The emergency feather handle closes both the electronic fuel valves and the manual fuel valves. They are also easier to grab if you need to abort a start.

I will get you in to show you the CASA sometime.

There are only two ways to shutoff fuel. Either with the electronic fuel valve switches, or with the emergency feather handle. The emergency feather handle closes both the electronic fuel valves and the manual fuel valves. They are also easier to grab if you need to abort a start.

I will get you in to show you the CASA sometime.

Isn't there some sort of off switch to? We had off, air-start-run and ground-start-run, the first of which is how you normally shut the engines down. We just gaurded the condition levers and the hp limit switch which let you manually trim fuel if ITT was spiking.
I think I saw one of your airplanes in Bethel yesterday. All red.

Isn't there some sort of off switch to? We had off, air-start-run and ground-start-run, the first of which is how you normally shut the engines down. We just gaurded the condition levers and the hp limit switch which let you manually trim fuel if ITT was spiking.
I think I saw one of your airplanes in Bethel yesterday. All red.
There is no real off swith. The only switches we have are electric fuel switches, and a switch to choose air or ground start.

That would have been one of ours. The busy airplane.

There is no real off swith. The only switches we have are electric fuel switches, and a switch to choose air or ground start.

That would have been one of ours. The busy airplane.

So to turn the engines off, you use the emergency fuel or the condition levers?

So to turn the engines off, you use the emergency fuel or the condition levers?
In normal operations we use the fuel switches that close the electric fuel valves. However if you have no power you use the emergency feather handle.

Even if you don't have the "fail deadly" 14RF9, slow is smooth, smooth is fast. The most annoyed I've ever been as a passenger was on a Pinnacle CRJ200 on a smooth day, with lots of rapid TL movement. "Stooooop it."

Lol... I know exactly what captain was flying that leg.

Back