'Untrackable' Flights Might Not not be private any more.

Pretty cool. If you are going to operate in the US Airspace system, there really shouldn't be an expectation of privacy for a private individual or corporation.

I think your argument has merit, but what are your thoughts on your vehicle being publicly tracked when you used any public roadway or Interstate?

They already are. Sooooo what is your point? Are we going to be getting links to a government cover up soon in this thread?

They already are. Sooooo what is your point? Are we going to be getting links to a government cover up soon in this thread?

Show me the site where I can find your car, and track it based on VIN or license plate number. The one like Flightaware.

That would be my point, troll.

Show me the site where I can find your car, and track it based on VIN or license plate number. The one like Flightaware.

That would be my point, troll.

Are you calling me a troll because I question your posts and bring up counterpoints to what you are trying to say?

To answer your question, look at the public highway cams, EZPass records, etc. Wouldn't be to hard to do.

Are you calling me a troll because I question your posts and bring up counterpoints to what you are trying to say?

To answer your question, look at the public highway cams, EZPass records, etc. Wouldn't be to hard to do.

No, troll, I call you a troll because you say things to illicit an emotional response on subjects that have nothing to do with what we're talking about. Like this one:

Are we going to be getting links to a government cover up soon in this thread?

This has nothing to do with a Government cover-up, and I had no intention of taking it down that road. Had I posted something like that, you'd have the liberty to question that. But I didn't. You're an antagonist. That is the same as a troll. You like to provoke people. You like to make statements that factually have no merit. You are so heavily filtered through your bias of political party that it makes you say ignorant, or impulsive and emotional non-factual things. When you get called on it, you back away from the comment, and refuse to stand your ground on it or provide sources, instead dismissing others at "crazy" or a "tin hatter" or "not qualified, or educated enough to speak on it." If you're going to accuse someone of being a "tin hatter" do more than post a smiley. Show something to dispute what is said. Show a counterpoint, whether through a source, or your own opinion. Stop looking for the zing!, and try to understand where that other person is coming from, even if you don't agree with them. That is how to behave as responsible, mature person, both in life, and on this forum.

Since you asked. ;)

Now, back to what we were talking about. Ez-Cam does not have the ability to track YOU, individually, by VIN, or License Plate.

We know that N1KE belongs to Phil Knight. His personal GV. Why should he, and his family be put under a direct microscope, and at possible personal risk, because he chooses to fly to Palm Springs for the weekend?

This has nothing to do with a Government cover-up, and I had no intention of taking it down that road. Had I posted something like that, you'd have the liberty to question that. But I didn't. You're an antagonist. That is the same as a troll. You like to provoke people. You like to make statements that factually have no merit. You are so heavily filtered through your bias of political party that it makes you say ignorant, or impulsive and emotional non-factual things. When you get called on it, you back away from the comment, and refuse to stand your ground on it or provide sources, instead dismissing others at "crazy" or a "tin hatter" or "not qualified, or educated enough to speak on it." If you're going to accuse someone of being a "tin hatter" do more than post a smiley. Show something to dispute what is said. Show a counterpoint, whether through a source, or your own opinion. Stop looking for the zing!, and try to understand where that other person is coming from, even if you don't agree with them. That is how to behave as responsible, mature person, both in life, and on this forum.

WELL! You put ME in MY place!

Oh boy, I am going to cower in a corner now!

Once again this isn't a political forum for PHDs from Harvard University in Political Science. If you get yourself that worked up in what YOU write on this forum, and take yourself that seriously, you need to relax. Like relax a lot or else you will cause yourself a lot of heartburn.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. If a CEO of one of these huge companies took a bail out, still owes the government(read as "the people who actually paid/are paying for it") for it, and is taking the company plane on a vacation I want to know about it. On the other hand, say that same guy has some business that needs handled, and he wants to keep it secret from his competitors.

Just not sure.....

Maybe the richest CEOs overlooked the "DotCom Callsign" Services? We had a guest speaker come to our school in a Hawker 800. He was the owner of several TV stations and a few other endeavors. Him and a bunch of his buddies departed our airport for Florida to go duck hunting or something. They used a DotCom callsign. So unless you KNEW them. Or physically just saw their airplane and looked up the tail number. You would have no idea who it was.

What the heck are you trying to do, have MikeD and Seggy fight over who gets to leave a flaming bag of poop on your front doorstep? :)

Sent from my TRS-80

Pretty cool. If you are going to operate in the US Airspace system, there really shouldn't be an expectation of privacy for a private individual or corporation.

I'll be the dissenting voice. Imagine that you work for my company and that, rather than the CEO, we're carrying around a real estate team today. We have two problems. Number one, there are people in the community we are looking at who may not be real happy that we are thinking of building there. Number two, we have competitors who might be very interested in where we are looking to build.

Without blocking we might show up to the airport to find an angry mob of villagers with pitchforks and torches. Or, worse yet (?), our competitors there already closing the deal on the same parcel.

It's not ALWAYS the fat cats heading to Aspen guys. There are legitimate business reasons for privacy.

Here is the other thing. I can go around posting all the information for my counterpoints to you, but is it REALLY going to change your mind? I even mentioned it the other day in a post, what I write in the LAV will not cause someone to change their political views. It is like the TheFlyingTurkey, one can post a report backed up by thousands of scientists about the causes of global warming, but he has his own views on the issue, which he is allowed to do as we are a free country, and what some one else posts, isn't going to change his mind.

So don't give me a soapbox speach on how you are superior on what you type because of your sources type lecture. Mmmmmkay?

What the heck are you trying to do, have MikeD and Seggy fight over who gets to leave a flaming bag of poop on your front doorstep? :)

Sent from my TRS-80

I'd be happy if either one of them came out to Wittmann. That would show some REAL commitment. :D I'll have a fridge full of Root Beer on standby.

I'll be the dissenting voice. Imagine that you work for my company and that, rather than the CEO, we're carrying around a real estate team today. We have two problems. Number one, there are people in the community we are looking at who may not be real happy that we are thinking of building there. Number two, we have competitors who might be very interested in where we are looking to build.

Without blocking we might show up to the airport to find an angry mob of villagers with pitchforks and torches. Or, worse yet (?), our competitors there already closing the deal on the same parcel.

It's not ALWAYS the fat cats heading to Aspen guys. There are legitimate business reasons for privacy.

I understand the need for it, I don't understand the expectation for it.

This: From the DOTCOM thread that was referenced:

Personally, I don't think privacy is something you should have to pay for.

I'm not sure that there is a happy medium between the companies that took bailouts vs. didn't. CEOs on vacation, or not, etc. I'm glad there there are avenues to ensure security and privacy, even if they need to be paid for.

It's been said once, but I want to reiterate, those are NOT tracking devices. I can't just punch in your license plate number and see real time info of where your car is. If there was a program like that, would you like it? I sure as heck wouldn't. If people want privacy when they fly in their own PERSONAL aircraft, on a personal or business trip, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed it. Saying that privacy shouldn't be allowed because they're using the national airspace system is like saying we need to monitor the movement of every vehicle on the road because they're using government build roads. It just doesn't make sense.

Back