'Untrackable' Flights Might Not not be private any more.

There are reasons for keeping tracking private other than rich people's privacy.

Most EMS aircraft have their flights kept private. It's not privacy, as much as stopping the competition from seeing what you are doing.

Apropos of nothing except that the phrase has been used a couple of times, what is the deal with the derisive "fat cat rich people" remarks? People who do well and succeed in life are now to be ridiculed and despised? Shouldn't we instead be trying to emulate them? I guess Barack Obama and the Democrats' policies of class envy and division are taking hold in America.

Apropos of nothing except that the phrase has been used a couple of times, what is the deal with the derisive "fat cat rich people" remarks? People who do well and succeed in life are now to be ridiculed and despised? Shouldn't we instead be trying to emulate them? I guess Barack Obama and the Democrats' policies of class envy and division are taking hold in America.

I guess you could blame it on the current nastiness coming from the left, but you'd be ignoring a bit of history to do so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_cat_(term)

I'm not condoning the phrase or the politics behind it, but I think you're being disingenuous.

History

The word was first used in the 1920s in the United States to describe rich political donors.[4][5]
The term's coinage for political purposes has been attributed to Frank Kent, a writer for the Baltimore Sun[6] whose essay "Fat Cats and Free Rides" appeared in the American Mercury, a magazine of commentary run by H. L. Mencken.[7] Kent wrote:

“ A Fat Cat is a man of large means and no political experience who having reached middle age, and success in business, and finding no further thrill ... of satisfaction in the mere piling up of more millions, develops a yearning for some sort of public honor and is willing to pay for it. The machine has what it seeks, public honor, and he has the money the machine needs.[7]

The 1960 campaign for the Democratic nomination to the presidency was marked by competition between fellow Senators Hubert Humphrey and John F. Kennedy. Their first meeting was in the Wisconsin primary, where Kennedy's well-organized and well-funded campaign defeated Humphrey's energetic but poorly-funded effort. Humphrey objected to the media, "The Kennedy forces are waging a psychological blitz that I cannot match. I'm not the candidate of the fat cats....".[8]

A 1972 book by sociologist G. William Domhoff, titled Fat Cats and Democrats, contrasted the Democratic Party's perceived populism with its funding structure. In Domhoff's view, "Short of a nationwide system of public financing for candidates ... it seems likely that wealthy fat cats will find one way or another to finance the candidates of their choice."[9]

The campaign finance reforms following the Watergate scandal greatly reduced the amount of money that individuals could contribute to a political campaign.[10] In the words of Ben J. Wattenberg, "The fat cats were driven from the temple...."[11]

During a 1997 $1,000-per-plate dinner at the Hilton Washington for the Republican Party, which the New York Times dubbed "a lucrative display of the resilience of big-money campaign fund-raising", street protesters calling for further reform dressed in "fat cat" costumes and chanted "Hey, hey, ho, ho! Corporate fat cats have to go!"[12] In the 2008 Democratic race, a group of wealthy backers of Sen. Hillary Clinton wrote to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, warning her they might withdraw financial support for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee if Pelosi did not change her position on whether the party's superdelegates "should support the party's pledged delegate leader".[13] According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the signers included donors such as Haim Saban and Robert L. Johnson, and had given the party nearly $24 million since 2000.[14] In response, the grassroots liberal political action committee MoveOn called the move "the worst kind of insider politics -- billionaires bullying our elected leaders into ignoring the will of the voters," but reassured members that "when we all pool our resources, together we're stronger than the fat cats."[13]

Use in culture and imagery

The word has since acquired a meaning of a rich, powerful person of possibly 'undeserved' wealth. It is now commonly used in editorial cartoons.[15][16][17] In the British printed media, a fat cat is usually depicted as a cat-faced, clad in a pin striped suit corpulent middle-aged man holding or smoking a thick cigar representing a venal banker or a high earner executive or "captain of industry".

I hope you'll notice that the term has been used derogatorily in connection with BOTH political parties over the years.

Apropos of nothing except that the phrase has been used a couple of times, what is the deal with the derisive "fat cat rich people" remarks? People who do well and succeed in life are now to be ridiculed and despised? Shouldn't we instead be trying to emulate them?
And without these types of individuals, millions more would be jobless or would not even bother trying to be an owner of a business or an entrepreneur themselves and even those who they do business with would not have that income and opportunities. It's becoming the norm to chastise those who make something of themselves and blame them for the failures and shortcomings of others. Part of the mindset of "we all deserve the same thing(s)" even though the ones complaining made the wrong choices or did nothing earn it or are clueless how to succeed or don't really want to put in the time and effort/work to succeed............yet it's always some "fat cat's" fault somehow and begrudge them their success.

It doesn't matter to me what "side" throws this b.s. around.......that entire sentiment, is what is truly disingenuous.

Back