$995 Multi Special

I came across this in the back of AOPA Pilot. ATP is offering their MEL rating program for $995. Sure beats Multi Engine Training next door, in terms of safety and questionable aircraft.

http://www.atpflightschool.com/gkyspecial

Just passing it on. . .

Nice of you to pass it on, but have you trained next door?

You do realize that a lot of people from next door read these forums, and I doubt they appreciate the little jab you just made, considering they have a pretty darn good reputation.

Bill....get over here and do your multi while the going is cheap!

Heh. That's for MEI, right? Can I bypass IR and CPL and go straight to MEI from PPL?

Actually, with enough TT, I probably could. But that would be....silly.

I'll get there eventually. I might be 40 and yelling at the whippersnappers to get off my lawn (which is a lot closer than I thought, lately) but I'll get there. :D

I'm not a huge fan of ATP but I am of saving money. What are the odds this includes the ATP certificate?

That's a really good deal, especially if you get the 10hrs of flight time w/ATP, which I doubt. Got mine next door, they got the job done, no problem just wish I would have been able to log more than a few hrs!!!

considering they have a pretty darn good reputation.

I think all he means is, would you rather train in this specific 1958 Beech Travel Air......
78331199.jpg

Or for less money, this specific 2008 Seminole (and 8 more just like it)

10118118287736979911641.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of ATP but I am of saving money. What are the odds this includes the ATP certificate?

It does include the ATP certificate as well yes.

That's a really good deal, especially if you get the 10hrs of flight time w/ATP, which I doubt. Got mine next door, they got the job done, no problem just wish I would have been able to log more than a few hrs!!!

How many flight hours did you get with them total? I keep hearing different things.

Nope. I am a wet-behind-the-ears PPL with about 115TT who hasn't flown since the end of June.

Come do your Private Multi!

Unfeathering Accumulators are for girls :)

If you are flying a twin without about 5 open squawks and 10 items INOP'ed inside the cockpit you are not getting your moneys worth. :)

Speaking of INOP'ed items in a PA-44 Cowl Flaps doesn't seem like they should be one should they?

Oh man, don't be dissin' my Travelair!

I flew those for a bit with one of my friends in college and they do a mighty fine job on 180/side!

Yeah man, no G1000 so your tricycle riding butt wouldn't know how to fly it. Whut, whut!!!! :)

Unfeathering Accumulators are for girls :)

If you are flying a twin without about 5 open squawks and 10 items INOP'ed inside the cockpit you are not getting your moneys worth. :)

Speaking of INOP'ed items in a PA-44 Cowl Flaps doesn't seem like they should be one should they?

Ha, that's how I came to own my twin.

I had been thinking that I needed a twin to build my multi time. I had been flying a rental that had INOP's stuck to just about everything. So, me and the wife go for a little flight one day and the first thing she said upon entering the plane was " Do those stickers mean what I think they mean"? I said " yep, thats what you have to put up with when you rent these things!, it's a piece of junk."

Had my own plane within a couple of weeks. :D

Trying to decide if this would be worth it or not for me. Looks like it would save me $200 overall from my current plan but I'm not sure if I want to go and drive the 1300 miles down to DFW.

Does anyone know if they're going to start doing this at any other locations in the next few months?

Nice of you to pass it on, but have you trained next door?

You do realize that a lot of people from next door read these forums, and I doubt they appreciate the little jab you just made, considering they have a pretty darn good reputation.

Bill, I think you might be thinking of a different school. He is not talking about Skymates. Thanks for having our back though. :)

I think all he means is, would you rather train in this specific 1958 Beech Travel Air......
78331199.jpg

Hey, i enjoy watching the blue bombers fly around. ;)

Back