FOI

dahhcon

Im studying for my checkride. I was just wondering how y'all studied the FOI portion of the checkride. I trying to figure out the best way to do this. Any suggestions?

Use the Flight Instructors Hand book, and outline the chapters. Make flash cards with each of the specific things that need to be memorized and then write it down over and over again. Also, reference the PTS when doing this so you don't miss anything. It is tedious, but it works.

Is Clemetson still doing MEI rides? When I did mine with him he just paged through the FOI book and said stuff like, "tell me what you would do about a student who is really afraid of stalls" or "tell me about good questions for oral quizzes" and stuff like that.

I am not sure. I'll let ya know when I hear. Oh and the twinstar has already had a few engine problems

For once Mike, I can say horrible advice!!! The FOI contains some of the most pertinent information for any instructor, learning it by rote is not only a disservice to themselves but to their future students. Rote learning is, as I am sure you know, the quickest way to learn something and the quickest way to forget it. My post on the other thread I linked above this goes over methods to learn it all the way through to correlation. I hope he and other instructors start putting in the extra time to do so.

For once Mike, I can say horrible advice!!! The FOI contains some of the most pertinent information for any instructor, learning it by rote is not only a disservice to themselves but to their future students. Rote learning is, as I am sure you know, the quickest way to learn something and the quickest way to forget it. My post on the other thread I linked above this goes over methods to learn it all the way through to correlation. I hope he and other instructors start putting in the extra time to do so.

I was being facetious :D Was waiting for the ba-da-bing!

You know, an FOI thread.....toss in a "rote" joke? Only because I couldn't figure where to toss in a "primacy" or "recency" joke!

Jeez........tough crowd...:)

Back