Ameriflight Aug 24 INDOC/Training Class

Fly Boy Knight

Hey all,

Has anyone else out there in JC land been assigned the August 24th training class with Ameriflight. I interviewed on July 15th in Phoenix and I finally received my training class date yesterday but I called them to find out because their one HR lady who assigns training class dates and such was out sick on Friday (7/24) and I didn't hear anything earlier that week.

Has anyone received any information about what to expect at training yet like if they pay for housing/hotel and how much they pay during training n such info like that?

I currently live in Florida and need to go to Burbank for training and then to my base in Portland OR (pending passing training ofcourse :) ) and I am having a blast trying to figure out exactly how I am going to move to the opposite corner of the Cont US while wondering about training.

See you in Burbank.

congrats on the gig with Ameriflight! I recently made the cross country move from the Midwest to PHX for a CFI job.

The best advice is to reduce the amount of 'junk' you have and only move what you are attached too. I went from a 4 bedroom house and had a blow out estate sale to get rid of almost everything. What was left fit into a 6x12 foot U-haul trailer and my Saturn Vue. If your vehicle can pull a trailer, they are the way to go!

Good luck with the move and the new company. I am right about 700hrs and am itching to get toward part 135mins to try and get on with Ameriflight too.

Amflight will pay for your hotel during training, and will pay you California minimum wage for every hour that you're actually on property being trained. It isn't much, but it helps a little bit.

Dress for training is slacks, button down shirt and a tie, every day, no exceptions. Once you start getting in the plane training captains usually have you ditch the tie or something so you don't grease up all your nice clothes, but if you're hanging out with Bob in indoc, look good.

The first week is with Bob, he'll do your indoc. He will yell, he will scream, he will most likely chew somebody out and kick them out of class for a little while. Don't worry about it, just keep your head down and get through it. Everybody at Amflight has gone through it before, just kind of how it is.

You MUST pass the indoc test, but it's open book so it shouldn't be a problem. You can bring in your library with you to class, I'd recommend you grab a copy of "Everything Explained for the Professional Pilot," it's a fantastic book and all I used during the test.

After indoc you'll do a few days of ground, flows, blah blah blah. Once you're through that you're off to maybe 2 weeks in the Chieftain FTD, then if you pass that, 2-3 weeks in the plane.

Enjoy it, training is tough but fun. I was a training captain there so I had the process down pretty well :)

Hey all,

Has anyone else out there in JC land been assigned the August 24th training class with Ameriflight. I interviewed on July 15th in Phoenix and I finally received my training class date yesterday but I called them to find out because their one HR lady who assigns training class dates and such was out sick on Friday (7/24) and I didn't hear anything earlier that week.

Has anyone received any information about what to expect at training yet like if they pay for housing/hotel and how much they pay during training n such info like that?

I currently live in Florida and need to go to Burbank for training and then to my base in Portland OR (pending passing training ofcourse :) ) and I am having a blast trying to figure out exactly how I am going to move to the opposite corner of the Cont US while wondering about training.

See you in Burbank.

Were you assigned the Aug 24 class date? I thought they were taking preferences and calling people back. Were you also told PDX was going to be your base? During the interview they asked your preference but didn't say either way that you'd be in any one base for sure..Thanks for the info and congrats!

Were you assigned the Aug 24 class date? I thought they were taking preferences and calling people back. Were you also told PDX was going to be your base? During the interview they asked your preference but didn't say either way that you'd be in any one base for sure..Thanks for the info and congrats!

I actually was told the same, "whats your preference and we'll call ya by Friday. I waited until Friday and they didn't call so I called them on Friday and Sherry Hudson went to the lady who assigns classes's Desk and saw my name on her sheet of paper and it said Aug 24th and PDX. The reason I know is because I called. If ya call maybe on Monday they may be able to tell ya then. They are supposed to send out the e-mail on training next week some time.

Yeah you know man, the test wasn't really THAT hard. I mean there were a few tricky questions (and I think a few that didn't have proper answers associated with them), but not enough to fail the freakin' thing. And if you get a book out and check your work and STILL fail, well, there's probably little hope for you.

That test was the single easiest written exam i have taken in my flying career and I looked up zero questions.

The first week is with Bob, he'll do your indoc. He will yell, he will scream, he will most likely chew somebody out and kick them out of class for a little while. Don't worry about it, just keep your head down and get through it. Everybody at Amflight has gone through it before, just kind of how it is.
:wtf?:ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! Airnet training was soooo much more professional than that.

Back