Ameriflight Aug 24 INDOC/Training Class

Nope, but at least they pay for your Jepps now!

You used to have to pay for your own charts at Amflight.

Oh that's not the worst part. At least you see more than 6 airports. During training I'd see Burbank, Van Nuys, Oxnard, Camarillo, Lancaster and Palmdale. If I really thought my trainee was with it, we'd do Riverside, Ontario, El Monte and then back to Burbank, but that didn't happen all the time.

Jepp updates for the western half of the U.S. when you see a max of 9 airports. Pretty freakin' sweet!

The email I got said you have to buy your Jepps first at a price of $400, and then they will reimburse you overtime if you pass the 135 ride. How long does that take??

Oh that's not the worst part. At least you see more than 6 airports. During training I'd see Burbank, Van Nuys, Oxnard, Camarillo, Lancaster and Palmdale. If I really thought my trainee was with it, we'd do Riverside, Ontario, El Monte and then back to Burbank, but that didn't happen all the time.

Jepp updates for the western half of the U.S. when you see a max of 9 airports. Pretty freakin' sweet!
Did you go into the training department right out of class or did you "get in" from a spot "on the line"? Just wondering why they'd have someone carry that many charts...when the "trainee" should really be the one to have them.

-mini

Yeah guys,

I to received that e-mail today about training. I guess it is just the first time buy of the Jepp subscription. They say to by a one way ticket because we will not know when training will be over, how long does training usually last at Ameriflight?

With regards to the plane ticket itself, what exactly is entailed by "CASS alliance" and if it is what i think it is with regards to free low priority traveling, do these benefits begin as soon as training is over (ie. flying back home to move all of my stuff after training)?

I have no idea what CASS Alliance is.
Once/if you pass your checkride you'll be able to jumpseat on Southwest.

Airnet and Ameriflight are night and day and I'll leave it at that on an open forum.

Really? I know former Airnet pilots at 5 bases and all share the same feelings.....
I think it would be hard to find a company that was a good as the "old" Airnet. Anyone who experienced the "old" Airnet would agree. I'll leave it at that on an open forum...:D

Did you go into the training department right out of class or did you "get in" from a spot "on the line"? Just wondering why they'd have someone carry that many charts...when the "trainee" should really be the one to have them.

-mini

I went straight into the training department.

Amflight had a policy that every pilot had to have Jepps for the western half of the U.S., because you could be sent to any base to do any run at any time. Even I could, as they could toss me in a Chieftain out of Oakland on a VFR day and send me out into the ether with only 500 hours.

Attachments

• mikecwebs mom.jpg
    mikecwebs mom.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 184
  • mikecwebs mom2.jpg
    mikecwebs mom2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 193
Hey All,

Got the final paperwork for indoc starting on Monday with AMF.

To all who are also attending the Aug 24th Indoc Class, Where are you coming from / Where are you going to be based?

Are you guys staying in the "company hotel" or commuting?

I went straight into the training department.

Amflight had a policy that every pilot had to have Jepps for the western half of the U.S., because you could be sent to any base to do any run at any time. Even I could, as they could toss me in a Chieftain out of Oakland on a VFR day and send me out into the ether with only 500 hours.

Did you ever pass a 135 ride?

And wow, for the rest of this, yelling and screaming in indoc? What the hell is this place?

Back