Ameriflight Aug 24 INDOC/Training Class

:wtf?:ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! Airnet training was soooo much more professional than that.

Seriously. If he ever yelled and screamed at me, I'd just calmly say "Sir, I, like my colleagues here, am an adult, and will not be treated like I'm in kindergarten. Have a nice day" and walk out - I know some, apparently most, if not all, would tolerate that behaviour because they don't want to lose the opportunity; I'd rather lose the opportunity to work for an unprofessional company than tolerate it for one second.

Attachments

• 48c7_2.jpg
    48c7_2.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 99
I thought that's the hand out for the extended over water operations... Hmm... There are other uses???

Ever since I escaped the Cinci I got weekends back... I am so unused to having weekends off even stuck on the road I don't know what to do with myself... I think in time the shock will wear off and I will find amusement again...

this is great a guy name bob yell at you during gs and you also has to buy your own jepps (wonder is this bob guy use to work at merlin airways) anyway good luck and if anybody goes to pr be carefull of a ramp guy name javier vachier he like to get pilot in ploblems to look good with the company:dunno::dunno:

this is great a guy name bob yell at you during gs and you also has to buy your own jepps (wonder is this bob guy use to work at merlin airways) anyway good luck and if anybody goes to pr be carefull of a ramp guy name javier vachier he like to get pilot in ploblems to look good with the company:dunno::dunno:

ummm what?

It must have been a while since he's been there because you are issued Jepps nowadays and before then you were reimbursed for the Jepps purchase. So his info has to be close to over 3 years old.

Bobs probably still Bob, but he really isn't that bad. If you think he's bad, you should have seen some of the teachers, coaches, and band directors I've had in the past.

Bob is super easy to deal with,

1. Dont make direct eye contact, just stare at the tie ponder relentlesly how you can make a knot so huge...
2. Don't ask stupid questions....
3. If you ask stupid questions prepare to blame somebody else.... or take it like a man....
4. Listen up, he knows a lot of book information, flying the line will be for later...
5. don't ask stupid questions...
6. Find somebody to be the whipping boy early on in class, preferably... don't make it you...
7. Don't ask stupid questions!!!!

Pretty easy guys, don't do dumb stuff, be able to do simple grade school math in your head (amazing!!) and just pay attention..

It must have been a while since he's been there because you are issued Jepps nowadays and before then you were reimbursed for the Jepps purchase. So his info has to be close to over 3 years old.

Bobs probably still Bob, but he really isn't that bad. If you think he's bad, you should have seen some of the teachers, coaches, and band directors I've had in the past.

Bob is super easy to deal with,

1. Dont make direct eye contact, just stare at the tie ponder relentlesly how you can make a knot so huge...
2. Don't ask stupid questions....
3. If you ask stupid questions prepare to blame somebody else.... or take it like a man....
4. Listen up, he knows a lot of book information, flying the line will be for later...
5. don't ask stupid questions...
6. Find somebody to be the whipping boy early on in class, preferably... don't make it you...
7. Don't ask stupid questions!!!!

Pretty easy guys, don't do dumb stuff, be able to do simple grade school math in your head (amazing!!) and just pay attention..

Let me put it this way, if I showed up on my first day of ground school and was treated like an idiot, yelled at, bitched at, and screamed at in any way, I'd be gone. I don't really care what the job is, I'm a professional, treat me as such, or send me home.

Its one thing to have more time/experience/wider scope than someone else, however there is literally no need what-so-ever for being unprofessional. Period. I don't care if he corrects me, gives me better answers, or flat out tells me I'm wrong with no other explanation, however derogatory comments do not lie in side the realm of professional aviation. It breeds a fear of talking back to management. They may slip out in frustration from time to time, however, no one should ever have learn to deal with you. If you're so upset-able that you become legendary, you shouldn't be doing this sort of thing. Just my $.02

Let me put it this way, if I showed up on my first day of ground school and was treated like an idiot, yelled at, bitched at, and screamed at in any way, I'd be gone. I don't really care what the job is, I'm a professional, treat me as such, or send me home.

Its one thing to have more time/experience/wider scope than someone else, however there is literally no need what-so-ever for being unprofessional. Period. I don't care if he corrects me, gives me better answers, or flat out tells me I'm wrong with no other explanation, however derogatory comments do not lie in side the realm of professional aviation. It breeds a fear of talking back to management. They may slip out in frustration from time to time, however, no one should ever have learn to deal with you. If you're so upset-able that you become legendary, you shouldn't be doing this sort of thing. Just my $.02

You guys are making way too much out of this. You guys are making "Bob" a legend! I guess people who have been making him this legend for years. The guys not some immortal being, he's a man just like you and I are men. He's a character in ground school and is more entertaining than anything. I've never heard anyone get yelled at for asking questions. He may raise his voice if you don't follow simple directions. But how professtional are you if you can't follow simple directions anyways? The guy knows his stuff. He does a good job of getting the information to you where you understand it and learn it.

I also had my initial checkride with Bob. It was the easiest checkride I've ever had. He didn't raise his voice once. I knew how to act like a Pilot in Command though.

No question is a stupid question IMHO. Sounds like Bob could use a little bit of FOI. ;)

Sorry, I guess this is more of an inside joke than anything... As KLB said, no yelling or screaming or jumping up and down just the normal lots of people in class to take in informtion from the firehose and a very short ammount of time to do it, and stupid questions that are asked at an inapropriate time can be a disruption to other people..

You guys are making way too much out of this. You guys are making "Bob" a legend! I guess people who have been making him this legend for years. The guys not some immortal being, he's a man just like you and I are men. He's a character in ground school and is more entertaining than anything. I've never heard anyone get yelled at for asking questions. He may raise his voice if you don't follow simple directions. But how professtional are you if you can't follow simple directions anyways? The guy knows his stuff. He does a good job of getting the information to you where you understand it and learn it.

I also had my initial checkride with Bob. It was the easiest checkride I've ever had. He didn't raise his voice once. I knew how to act like a Pilot in Command though.

I did a checkout at a flight school and the CFI said he did his initial training with Bob. I think him knowing where I came from and where I work at, made the check a little easier.

Back