Commuter airlines' underpaid pilots are plain scary!

Why there are some regionals (QX, AE) were the flight crew might have more time then some of crews on a LCC or Mainline.

It's a big "might", and, as has often been stated, flight time alone is not a good measure. Why are those high timers still at a regional? Are there other issues involved here? I know that sometimes people are happy where there are, but usually, the goal is more compensation and better work rules, and, unless they're in management (and even then, maybe), I would at least wonder why someone would pass up the chance to go to a strong major.

All things considered, the majors ARE safer. There is just no way around that, and the public is starting to realize it as well.

It's a big "might", and, as has often been stated, flight time alone is not a good measure. Why are those high timers still at a regional? Are there other issues involved here? I know that sometimes people are happy where there are, but usually, the goal is more compensation and better work rules, and, unless they're in management (and even then, maybe), I would at least wonder why someone would pass up the chance to go to a strong major.

All things considered, the majors ARE safer. There is just no way around that, and the public is starting to realize it as well.

Most of the top 800-900 CA's at Eagle upgraded in under 2 years. They all make 100K+ and have 16-19 days off. Most live in base, why take a big QOL hit to fly a bigger plane. Most majors don't have a A or B fund.

Most of the top 800-900 CA's at Eagle upgraded in under 2 years. They all make 100K+ and have 16-19 days off. Most live in base, why take a big QOL hit to fly a bigger plane. Most majors don't have a A or B fund.

I do not have information to confirm or deny the quoted statement, but I stand by the stats on safety, and that includes AE. The equipment itself is not as capable, and there are differences in a lot of other areas, from work rules to training, to the overall experience level (the F/O, maint, dispatcher, etc, experience level matters also).

I wish the public was deathly terrified to fly on commuters to the point where many refused. It would mean we would all be at the majors.

I do not have information to confirm or deny the quoted statement, but I stand by the stats on safety, and that includes AE. The equipment itself is not as capable, and there are differences in a lot of other areas, from work rules to training, to the overall experience level (the F/O, maint, dispatcher, etc, experience level matters also).

Let us take a look at AA and AE. You can't really believe a MD-80 and the A-300 is more capable the the CRJ7 or the EMB.

We (AE) get CX pay and line guarantee. No reason to push to get a flight off. AA guys don't have CX or line guarantee.

We (AE) have career day every other year in the sims. AA guys get loft every 9 months.

Just ask the 50-75 APA that washed out of Eagle training.

How is that? Was the extra 5k in per diem?

Working the system. With per diem it would over 36K

Let us take a look at AA and AE. You can't really believe a MD-80 and the A-300 is more capable the the CRJ7 or the EMB.

We (AE) get CX pay and line guarantee. No reason to push to get a flight off. AA guys don't have CX or line guarantee.

We (AE) have career day every other year in the sims. AA guys get loft every 9 months.

Just ask the 50-75 APA that washed out of Eagle training.

Working the system. With per diem it would over 36K

$25 * 1000 hours in a year is 25k...

Come on, you're usually more in tune with how this process works. The A-Carriers don't make the decision. This was passed unanimously by the Executive Council, which has just as many B and C carrier EVPs as A carrier EVPs, and it was also passed by the Executive Board, which is made up of every MEC Chairman in the Association. Trying to say that this is an A-carrier thing is completely off base. The B-carrier guys are supporting it also.

No, they can upgrade and get their ATP just as any commercial pilot does now.

They would be employees just like any other.

Yes, it most certainly would, and it would be counter-productive to your goal of advancing the profession.

Ah, we'll have to talk about this over a couple beers one of these evenings. It's going to be a tough sell to get me convinced that the MPL is a benefit to the profession.

It's going to be a tough sell to get me convinced that the MPL is a benefit to the profession.
Yeah, it seems like just another way for ATP/Gulfstream Academy to make mucho dinero off of SJS kiddies.

I not only do believe it, I absolutely KNOW it is true. It is more incredible that you don't understand that, or why!

Yeah, it seems like just another way for ATP/Gulfstream Academy to make mucho dinero off of SJS kiddies.

Actually the airlines will be paying for it due to the massive shortfall of entry level airline pilots that's going to take place with in the next 10 years. Its called ab initio. Been doing it in Europe for years.

I not only do believe it, I absolutely KNOW it is true. It is more incredible that you don't understand that, or why!

I am going on info from flowbacks and talking to guys in the jumpseat. Is there something they aren't telling me.

Actually the airlines will be paying for it due to the massive shortfall of entry level airline pilots that's going to take place with in the next 10 years. Its called ab initio. Been doing it in Europe for years.

Is that you in there, Kit?

I am going on info from flowbacks and talking to guys in the jumpseat. Is there something they aren't telling me.

Something they don't know either. Not talking about the FMS and the "gee wiz" stuff, but the basic airplane capabilities. We can start with LED's and the difference they make.

Is that you in there, Kit?

I thought so a few hours ago. Darby reincarnated.

It's nothing but the truth. Anyone who thinks any differently is just being a pessimist. We all saw what was happening just a couple years ago.

Pilots are one of the most paid people in the UK.

They still are in the US, though they have fallen back. I think airline pilots are 19th on Forbes list now instead of in the top 10

Something they don't know either. Not talking about the FMS and the "gee wiz" stuff, but the basic airplane capabilities. We can start with LED's and the difference they make.

CRJ 700 and 900 have LEDs:D

Back