Great Lakes

VA_av8r

just an update.....

I had an interview set up at the beginning of next month, just got an email canceling the interview, they're not hiring anymore:(. I guess I should've figured as much when earlier they told me they were only hiring into a pool.

My guess is that they filled up all those new bases they got, but it's only a guess. If anybody there knows exactly why, I'd love to know, thanks.

just an update.....

I had an interview set up at the beginning of next month, just got an email canceling the interview, they're not hiring anymore:(. I guess I should've figured as much when earlier they told me they were only hiring into a pool.

My guess is that they filled up all those new bases they got, but it's only a guess. If anybody there knows exactly why, I'd love to know, thanks.

Everything happens for a reason my man...sometimes you've got to wait 10+ years to realize it but it's the truth.

Good luck!!!

GLA just furloughed 23 today. Including 6 who were taking their checkride tomorrow.

RD

Didnt we just have a TSA guy who got hired there? Argh! So if you got furloughed are you out of your training contract etc?

I don't believe so....and that's the crappy part. Nothing you can do since they were almost through training and to bail would cost a whole bunch of cash.

RD

Didnt we just have a TSA guy who got hired there? Argh! So if you got furloughed are you out of your training contract etc?

Not sure if you're talking about me or not but I was furloughed TSA and was in the Feb 2nd class at GLA. So far I'm safe but may be stuck based down in FMN until the end of time. Honestly this situation reminds me exactly of what happened when I got hired at TSA. It's kind of eerie really. I have no idea what's going to happen but I don't think I can handle a 2nd furlough in less than a year. A lot of what happens to people in this industry is just pure luck...or lack thereof. Oh well.

I met a guy a couple weeks ago that was a lear FO at Airnet and was leaving to go to Lakes for the upgrade, hope he wasnt in this class...Well almost every airline now has pilots on furlough! SUCKS!!

I would have to break something if i quit a paying job, and relocated for five weeks unpaid vacation just to get furloughed before graduation.

Wait, so if you get furloughed or they cancel your training before your checkride, you are still on the hook to pay them the amount of the training contract?

Wait, so if you get furloughed or they cancel your training before your checkride, you are still on the hook to pay them the amount of the training contract?

If you're furloughed, yeah, you're still on the hook.
If you never pass a checkride, the contract doesn't go into effect and you're not on the hook.

Just heard that they're looking to furlough line pilots now too. Looks like I'm completely F'd.

No, they are still under the contract, but since they're furloughed, they do not have to pay it, well unless they quit the job.

RD
(This thread needs moved to Jobs Unavailable ;) )

No, they are still under the contract, but since they're furloughed, they do not have to pay it, well unless they quit the job.

RD
(This thread needs moved to Jobs Unavailable ;) )

So then, so long as they do not "quit" during the duration of the training contract in which they are furloughed they do not have to pay it?

Back