Obama administration and user fees

However, you want to participate in the IFR structure, pay the fee. If you elect to continue VFR into IMC, YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE FARs. Get it?
:banghead:

I agree, VFR in to IMC is what happens whe people who shouldn't be flying are given certificates

No kidding. And, up until now, GA has basicly had a free ride at the expense of the airlines. The "I pay a whole 19 cents in gas tax" whine doesn't fly. You want to use the NAS, pay the fee. Otherwise stay VFR and use the Cashmere airport.

Then Raise the Tax, User fees still aren't the most efficient way to do this, It will take a ridiculous amount of money to implement and collect all of this

Again, who are YOU electing? If you get crappy representation, look at the voter in the mirror.

My vote didn't seem to make a difference this time around

Then don't make asinine statements like "We are suffering taxation without representation like they did during the Stamp Act." YOU made the statement in an outpouring of hyperbole.

Okay I'll give you that the original statement may have been a bit overly dramatic, that is why I clarified my position.
Excellent! Break out that Confederate flag with Jeff Davis and the rest of your fireeating buddies. BTW, when is the next slave auction?

Like I said, there was a time when the federal govt. needed to assert some control over basic human rights, but now who is being dramatic. How do state's rights turn into slavery? If you gave a state control over its laws, do you really think they would start auctioning people? I'm not a confederate I am a constitutionalist. Interstate Commerce, National Defense, and inalienable rights are fine, and I am more than wiling to pay my taxes for that, but why can't there be control at the local level. Once again, one man's opinion.

Sounds like YOU are electing the wrong candidates. That would be a YOU problem, not a systemic problem.
Not easy when the choices are between a and a turd sandwich. Besides, what elected officials do you agree with on every single issues in their platform?

[modhat]enough... we don't need that kind of talk around here... if you have nothing nice to say, either keep it to yourself or keep it to a PM..I am really tired of seeing the rotten attitudes of people lately in the forums. do NOT keep spouting off like that in any forum, it's rude and it's unproductive for this particular website. if you have a problem with a particular member, take it straight to the private message system. Am I clear? [/modhat]

No kidding. And, up until now, GA has basicly had a free ride at the expense of the airlines. The "I pay a whole 19 cents in gas tax" whine doesn't fly. You want to use the NAS, pay the fee. Otherwise stay VFR and use the Cashmere airport.

The NAS system exists for so employer, and all of the other airlines, can do business with a minimum of carnage. Impose user fees and you will probably see a great shift to LSA, soaring, trips undertaken in VFR conditions, etc. So, what happens then? Fuel taxes will face a tremendous shortfall, people will opt out of the NSA much like avoiding toll roads, and then the budget shortfall will be magnified. Then what happens? People will modify their behavior to avoid the tax - do you think they would not? Tell me how a trip from KDWH to KMKC would really tax the air system? So...with a budget shortfall, how much of the existing system do you dismantle? How much cost can be wrung out of the system and still make it possible for the traveling public to support your airline? Milions of people use our airspace every day - the passengers. Tax them more. They are the main beneficiaries of the NSA followed closely by people who derive their incomes from Airline employment, not GA.

Mistitled. The video should read "GA propaganda against user fees."

Ironic coming from someone who spreads all the ALPA propaganda.

When did you start hating aviation Velo?

You still haven't answered my previous questions, but the silence is deafening. :rolleyes: WE ARE NOT GETTING A FREE RIDE!!!

I hope the airlines don't have to get a hand-out from the tax payers, or you might have to eat your words....

Velo, as always, you are the man!

I don't wear my ALPA lanyard that's for sure. I have more important things to promote with my lanyard

Coming from someone whose signature line is "release us NOW," that's incredibly ironic. You don't want to show support for your union, yet you expect to have the leverage to get released? Did you eat paint chips as a child?

Something else bothered me recently.... the notion that non-ALPA pilots shouldn't be allowed to use CrewPASS. Talk about not furthering the profession for everyone?!?! What about APA, JBPA, SWPA, etc.? Just because your organization spearheaded something doesn't mean you have to be an immature school kid about your club. And trust me, I heard this from an officer. Pathetic.

From what officer? Certainly not from a national officer. Not that I disagree with the concept, but no one at national has supported any such idea.

But there is more important things to worry about Waco....

Do I wear the ALPA blue lanyard today, or the ALPA white one?

There's a white one? How the hell did I miss that?! :D

And the problem with bettering your pay/benefits and work rules is?

But Velo, don't you realize that defending your "right" to putt around the sky in a 152 for virtually free is more important than actually making a living so you can afford to support your GA hobby in the first place? Silly air line pilot. ;)

When did you start hating aviation Velo?

Since when has support for user fees equated to "hating" GA? Does someone "hate" cars if they like the ideas of toll roads? Does someone "hate" fishing if they support the idea of requiring a fishing license?

From what officer? Certainly not from a national officer. Not that I disagree with the concept, but no one at national has supported any such idea.

Outstanding. Pitting one pilot group against all others isn't a great idea for union solidarity.....well, maybe just ALPA.

Outstanding. Pitting one pilot group against all others isn't a great idea for union solidarity.....well, maybe just ALPA.

No, it's more like a small handful of independents and non-union cariers want to leech off of ALPA's influence and success. I'm not saying that I think it should actually be done, but I do think the concept has validity. At some point, you have to say that the non-ALPA carriers need to come into the fold to reap the benefits.

No, it has more to do with who negotiated the right. This is purely academic but, if ALPA paid for the effort to implement Crewpass and no other Union or group helped should they get a free ride? Membership has its benefits. :rolleyes:

No, it's more like a small handful of independents and non-union cariers want to leech off of ALPA's influence and success. I'm not saying that I think it should actually be done, but I do think the concept has validity. At some point, you have to say that the non-ALPA carriers need to come into the fold to reap the benefits.

I see what you're saying and agree to the concept. But does this mean that multiple unions can't exist in the same profession? Just asking out of honest curiousity.

Since when has support for user fees equated to "hating" GA? Does someone "hate" cars if they like the ideas of toll roads? Does someone "hate" fishing if they support the idea of requiring a fishing license?

If you read all of his post, you will see his hate for aviation.

Im sorry PCL, but me thinks you picked the wrong mentor.

I see what you're saying and agree to the concept. But does this mean that multiple unions can't exist in the same profession? Just asking out of honest curiousity.

Preferably, there would be only one. I could care less if the acronym is ALPA, APA, SWAPA, NPA, IAP, IACP, USAPA, CAPA, or AHSATP (Assoc. of High Speed Aluminum Tubing Pilots).

No, it has more to do with who negotiated the right. This is purely academic but, if ALPA paid for the effort to implement Crewpass and no other Union or group helped should they get a free ride? Membership has its benefits. :rolleyes:

Again though, it pits union "brothers" against one another. I could see trying to not allow non-union carriers into it, but when one union begins...in essence...stabbing the other in the back because they're from "another tribe"; it takes away from the concept of unions in the first place and gives it more of a mob mentality; where everyone is on the same team, yes, but no one really trusts one another.

Back