Chicago Area

stickfiguredanny

Looking for some aviation work in Chicago. Anything really. I just want to get back at an airport. I have my Commercial Single, and have experience working on airplanes.

Well I only have the time it took me to get my endorsement. How much are you looking for Ill see what I can do about getting the time in.

I think they wanted about 100 hours tailwheel for insurance, but they can name you on the policy with less somehow.

tlewis95 is that a full time job towing or just part time?

Fri-Sun only for now. :(

We might be going 5 days a week in a few months however.

Lemme know if you'd like some Starbucks barista opportunities.

Good friend is a manager for a couple starbucks locations in the city.

Well I would like to get into aviation. It doesn't have to be flying but thanks for the help. Ill wash, fuel, pretty much do anything to get back to an airport

Well I would like to get into aviation. It doesn't have to be flying but thanks for the help. Ill wash, fuel, pretty much do anything to get back to an airport

Try the DuPage flight center, tho im not sure if theyre hiring.

Try asking CAPflyer, he's with them.

He's come to my rescue with fuel at 530 am a few times!

What are the hours like? I live around the SW side of MI. are they still looking for someone?

It is like 2 four hour blocks don't remember the exact time but one to include the morning rush hour and then one to include the evening rush hour. They literally pay minimum wage though and management is pretty shady. I would run away quickly from that...notice how they are always hiring even in times like this?

What are the hours like? I live around the SW side of MI. are they still looking for someone?

To be quite honest, im not even sure if theyre hiring, but you can always try, and at least get your foot in the door, right?
It's blocked for 3 hours.
For traffic you fly for about 2-3 hours (average 2.2-2.6) and once you fly traffic enough (am shift is 6-9 pm 3-6) you can go to shadow, better pay, and you fly some wbbm guy either am 6-9 midday 11-2 or pm 3-6.

With traffic you have pilots and reporters, you're both, per month you're devided up as reporter or pilot, and it's pretty even.

The reason they always need pilots is because a lot of the pilots either get gigs (bluesky taxi, Great lakes exct) or they go into the CFI academy that we have.

I report traffic, it itn't the most fun, but im happy to hang out in a cessna!

n580746186_2383515_9208.jpg

n580746186_2383514_3200.jpg

n580746186_2383510_9772.jpg

It is like 2 four hour blocks don't remember the exact time but one to include the morning rush hour and then one to include the evening rush hour. They literally pay minimum wage though and management is pretty shady. I would run away quickly from that...notice how they are always hiring even in times like this?

Yeah, i guess it's just not GoJets....

DPApilot,

I don't want to come off the wrong way, but are you getting paid to fly traffic for Illinois Aviation Academy? I'm assuming you don't have a commercial pilot's license considering the hours you post in your signature are correct?

Do you see what I'm getting at?......:confused:

Edit:

I re-read your post and it looks like maybe you meant you are the reporter (since you said you "report" traffic), not the pilot. If that's the case then it's all good!

DPApilot,

I don't want to come off the wrong way, but are you getting paid to fly traffic for Illinois Aviation Academy? I'm assuming you don't have a commercial pilot's license considering the hours you post in your signature are correct?

Do you see what I'm getting at?......:confused:

Edit:

I re-read your post and it looks like maybe you meant you are the reporter (since you said you "report" traffic), not the pilot. If that's the case then it's all good!

Yep, i report. sit and look at cars... and sleep.

but when i get the comm, ill have a slot for traffic!

How do I apply? Just email them a resume'? I didn't see anything on the website http://www.illinoisaviation.com/ saying they were hiring or even looking.
yep, email to iaatraffic@yahoo.com iaapilot@aol.com or jeffb@illinoisaviation.com

Sent an email and attached the resume'. I don't know about the drive though. Is there any crash pads you know of out there or a couch at the fbo? :)

Back