Chicago Area

Sent an email and attached the resume'. I don't know about the drive though. Is there any crash pads you know of out there or a couch at the fbo? :)

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

How are you going to afford a gas let alone a crash pad on minimum wage?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I would agree

Heck, i think it's too far if you're coming from the city!

but, who are we to say what someone should and shouldnt do?

I currently have two jobs! Thats why if its just part time on the weekend or a couple days in a row it would be great. However the flight center doesn't look like they would allow anyone to sleep on those couches. I'm used to lil po-dunk fbo's with beaten up furniture that really don't care.

What's with all the bangy heads? I haven't even talked to a manager or had an email back.. Whose to say I wouldn't value the time driving spent with my girl friend instead. As for minimum wage I don't care, I'm making a little above that right now at two jobs. The economy sucks but I'd rather work than take unemployment, been there done that and it was more of a hassle than its worth. We all have to start somewhere and it is just traffic watch. Not like I'm under bidding any rj pilots or threatening some major union. So relax only time will tell what happens.

I currently have two jobs! Thats why if its just part time on the weekend or a couple days in a row it would be great. However the flight center doesn't look like they would allow anyone to sleep on those couches. I'm used to lil po-dunk fbo's with beaten up furniture that really don't care.

What's with all the bangy heads? I haven't even talked to a manager or had an email back.. Whose to say I wouldn't value the time driving spent with my girl friend instead. As for minimum wage I don't care, I'm making a little above that right now at two jobs. The economy sucks but I'd rather work than take unemployment, been there done that and it was more of a hassle than its worth. We all have to start somewhere and it is just traffic watch. Not like I'm under bidding any rj pilots or threatening some major union. So relax only time will tell what happens.

Very well put.
IAA has a beaten up couch you can crash on.
Also, it's M-F, no weekend flights

We all have to start somewhere and it is just traffic watch. Not like I'm under bidding any rj pilots or threatening some major union. So relax only time will tell what happens.

You are hurting the profession as a whole by accepting a job that is willing to pay someone minimum wage for a skilled position. Your logic is that traffic watch is the bottom of the bottom, who cares if I do the job for minimum wage. Who cares if my CFI job after this pays only 10 dollars an hour? Who cares if my RJ Gig after this pays just 14 an hour to fly a 90 seater. It is just a stepping stone....right? I have had my share of ideas that go through my mind of paying to sit in the right seat of a caravan because it is only 2k for basically unlimited flight time...etc. If you are performing an operation a skilled operation for that matter you should not see any job as a stepping stone. Yeah you may plan to move onto bigger and better things but do your job well and expect fair compensation.

P.S: If anyone flames me for the GoJet thing and this post here is my belief. GoJet doesn't undercut other airline pilots. That is my belief whether you believe it right or wrong. This is why I feel I can justify this post. Please lets not go into now whether you believe my GJ beliefs. Not the time or place.

You are hurting the profession as a whole by accepting a job that is willing to pay someone minimum wage for a skilled position. Your logic is that traffic watch is the bottom of the bottom, who cares if I do the job for minimum wage. Who cares if my CFI job after this pays only 10 dollars an hour? Who cares if my RJ Gig after this pays just 14 an hour to fly a 90 seater. It is just a stepping stone....right? I have had my share of ideas that go through my mind of paying to sit in the right seat of a caravan because it is only 2k for basically unlimited flight time...etc. If you are performing an operation a skilled operation for that matter you should not see any job as a stepping stone. Yeah you may plan to move onto bigger and better things but do your job well and expect fair compensation.

P.S: If anyone flames me for the GoJet thing and this post here is my belief. GoJet doesn't undercut other airline pilots. That is my belief whether you believe it right or wrong. This is why I feel I can justify this post. Please lets not go into now whether you believe my GJ beliefs. Not the time or place.

It really doesn't take much skill. You go where a guy on a radio tells you, dont go in the class B, transition through MDW's Class C, listen to WN cowboys bitch about almost hitting you, if it wasn't for TCAS, listen to TWR laugh at them, then go home.

it's pretty redundant. CFI's at the school make pretty decent money. even better if you're a double eye, it's all about the job you do.

It really doesn't take much skill. You go where a guy on a radio tells you, dont go in the class B, transition through MDW's Class C, listen to WN cowboys bitch about almost hitting you, if it wasn't for TCAS, listen to TWR laugh at them, then go home.

it's pretty redundant. CFI's at the school make pretty decent money. even better if you're a double eye, it's all about the job you do.

You are doing a job that involves flying an airplane not flipping burgers or pressing a button to make a latte. Sometimes I wonder if you form your own opinions or just leech off of others. Does PCL or someone else need to come in here to say this is bad for all pilots someone willing to accept minimum wage to fly an airplane before you think it is bad. At least he isn't paying for it right? Jesus man use your head.

I see where your coming from. But to that end I'm not just going to sit around and not fly! I haven't even got an email back yet or a phone number to call and even see if they are paying minimum wage. All I'm looking for is an opportunity right now. Having the log book stagnant and bank accounts dwindle is not an option.

I don't care if its a cessna or a 90 seater. Anything! right now would be great. Out of the hundreds of contacts made and resume's sent out I have heard nothing. And this will probably end up the same.

I didn't even read the go jet thread. But whatever this self entitlement of I'm a pilot has to change somewhere in the future. I got my current RAMP job by having to know someone for a little above minimum wage! And that little spot on the application where they put desired pay, I always put negotiable. Any job I've applied for since I was 13 I've learned that little tid bit.

I know aviators used to live in the same neighborhood sreets as doctors, lawyers, athletes and actors. This profession isn't the same any more because there are so many looking right now. It's simple supply and demand. They're too many of us and not enough employers looking to shell out the dough. Things change, this economy is a HUGE example of that fact. Will it ever be the same? Maybe, but I doubt it.

So ANY opportunity that comes up I'm going to check it out. Be it CFI, banner tow, meat bombing, or traffic watch. Isn't that why any of us even come to this portion of the forums to see what jobs are out there. I'll let ya guys know if anything comes up, so don't hold yer breath you might turn blue.

i love how people are still bitch about pay in these times. Hell people would be lucky getting a job flipping burgers now a days. Go ahead and gripe all you want but your not going to see salaries increase any.

i love how people are still bitch about pay in these times. Hell people would be lucky getting a job flipping burgers now a days. Go ahead and gripe all you want but your not going to see salaries increase any.

Man with that logic I would love to be an airline exec during tough economic times.

Anyone willing to fly any type of aircraft for anything even remotely close to minimum wage is a jackass in my book, not to mention idiotic. You spend all those tens of thousands to become a professional and you get a job that pays peanuts while there are unskilled and semi-skilled jobs that will pay much more. Are you really willing to let someone pay you that much for such a job?!?! You are basically telling them you are a prostitute pilot and they are basically telling you that you as a pilot shouldn't be paid what you're worth if you accept any kind of job offer of the sort. You aren't going to just "sit around"? Tell me, what jobs besides unskilled labor have you not sitting down for the majority of the time? There are some like that, but VERY few. Use your head, and don't allow yourself to be d out like cheap hooker. You would be hurting not only yourself, but every other pilot on the face of the Earth. It seems ridiculous to say every pilot on Earth, but when you think about it, you being to realize that doing such things enable the 'Will Fly for Food' mentality. If pilot pay doesn't make a comeback in the next decade, every sector of aviation is going to have some SERIOUS issues.

Anyone willing to fly any type of aircraft for anything even remotely close to minimum wage is a jackass in my book. Not to mention idiotic. You spend all those tens of thousands to become a skilled worker and you get a job that pays peanuts while there are unskilled and semi-skilled jobs that will pay much more. Are you really willing to let someone pay you that much for such a job?!?! You are basically telling them you are a prostitute pilot and they are basically telling you that you as a pilot shouldn't be paid what you're worth if you accept any kind of job offer of the sort. You aren't going to just "sit around"? Tell me, what jobs besides unskilled labor have you not sitting down for the majority of the time? There are some like that, but VERY few. Use your head, and don't allow yourself to be d out like cheap hooker. You would be hurting not only yourself, but every other pilot on the face of the Earth. It seems ridiculous to say every pilot on Earth, but when you think about it, you being to realize that doing such things enable the 'Will Fly for Food' mentality. If pilot pay doesn't make a comeback in the next decade, every sector of aviation is going to have some SERIOUS issues.

Might want to tell that to the multitude of regional pilots here? They may have some imput.

Back