Compilation Of PUBNAT2 Offer Data

Yeah, that's what the word on the street is. We both had "terminal only". He got A80 and I got ZTL somehow. I am just happy to be in the Atlanta area. I really wanted the tower at ATL. OH well....... I guess I will never escape enroute, lol.

Tell your friend that they should start looking for another career path if they are OTS, with no previous air traffic experience.

There was no way that an OTS was going to get Hartsfield...

Tell your friend that they should start looking for another career path if they are OTS, with no previous air traffic experience.

There was no way that an OTS was going to get Hartsfield...

Why does everyone bash all of the trainers at A80? You seem like these people are so awful that they can't train anyone who doesn't have a PhD in the Honie arrival...How much truth is there in this? I get mixed replies...

Why does everyone bash all of the trainers at A80? You seem like these people are so awful that they can't train anyone who doesn't have a PhD in the Honie arrival...How much truth is there in this? I get mixed replies...

NO ONE is bashing the trainers at A80, we are saying it is too hard for an OTS applicant, with no previous ATC experience, to check out right off the bat. The trainees shouldn't be going there OTS...

NO OTS trainee, with no previous ATC experience, has EVER checked out at A80. Please re-read what has been typed many times before my post. Then rethink the way you think or read... :sitaware:

From what I have seen the largest majority of people are going to level 12 facilities! It makes sense that they would have the most openings because they're the biggest but I wonder what the difficulty of training/getting checked out is compared to a level5 or 6 or even level 9 or 10. I am going to a level 10 and will work my butt off and hope for the best!:nana2:

From what I have seen the largest majority of people are going to level 12 facilities! It makes sense that they would have the most openings because they're the biggest but I wonder what the difficulty of training/getting checked out is compared to a level5 or 6 or even level 9 or 10. I am going to a level 10 and will work my butt off and hope for the best!:nana2:

Getting Checked out lvl 5-6; 2 weeks
Getting Checked out lvl 9-10; 2 years

I really wonder if its matters much if your CTI or OTS after you report to your facility. In theory at that point each group should be equal, since both groups completed OKC which is suposed to give you the skills to succeed, so the two years of extra schooling for CTI seems less relavent. On a related subject from what we have all heard is it fair to assume that a Level 12 Center is easier to check out at than a Level 12 TRACON or Tower? It seems like lots of OTS are set for Centers, which seems like it would be easier just by nature of what they do.

I really wonder if its matters much if your CTI or OTS after you report to your facility. In theory at that point each group should be equal, since both groups completed OKC which is suposed to give you the skills to succeed, so the two years of extra schooling for CTI seems less relavent. On a related subject from what we have all heard is it fair to assume that a Level 12 Center is easier to check out at than a Level 12 TRACON or Tower? It seems like lots of OTS are set for Centers, which seems like it would be easier just by nature of what they do.
No, OTS is better than CTI after traing in OKC, JK. I would think that no matter what your background, everyone is the same on the first day at your facility. Yes, checking out at a level 12 center is much easier than level 12 terminal.

I think Archie League said it best this summer... I had to dig for this...but it is one REAL air traffic controllers opinion....on cti vs. ots...

This thread was in response to a thread created by a guy that claimed his education made him superior to the off the street applicant...

http://forums.jetcareers.com/air-traffic-control/71077-just-a-controllers-opinion.html

First I have almost 7 years of higher education, a BS and a thesis short of a MS.

First, I have 32 years as an air traffic controller (9 military, 23 FAA). My “higher education” was 9 years as a military controller. I guess that would make me about 183 credit hours short of my MS.

You need to understand something. 99.9% of the controllers I know don’t care if you have a BS, MS, MBA or were a member of the NBA. They do not care if you were CTI, MARC or military. When you show up on the floor to work you are a developmental controller. What you did in the past does not matter to anyone, it does not prove a thing. Starting the day you walk in the facility you must prove yourself.

Back