Bad, bad news for Trans States pilots

Foxcow

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but things are looking like they are coming to an end at TSA. I just got back from a meeting and it is now known that Gojet is adding CRJ-200s to their fleet. Apparently, most of the them are coming from the desert. According to a highly placed source, they are going to be staffed by current Gojet pilots and through jets for jobs possibly furloughed United and Continental pilots.

The contract that the TSA pilots have been working under became effective August 1, 2000. The contract was extended another two years to 2006 (much controversy surrounds the extension). In 2006, negotiations started again and in over 24 months of negotiations, a little more than half of the sections of the contract have been TA-ed with no end in sight. According to my source, TSA management will be able to get the CRJ-200 program spooled up long before the Obama takes the White House and can make his appointments (early summer was their most optimistic estimate) and we get released for self help. There are a number of Flight Safety instructors that have been put on notice to start training and Trans States Holdings is down in Florida recruiting at Embry Riddle (I kid you not) but hopefully the people that they are trying to recruit have some self respect and did their research.

In other words, TSA pilots and other employees are screwed...

Discuss

Tomorrow the MEC is having an emergency meeting to try and get Praeter and National involved.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news but things are looking like they are coming to an end at TSA. I just got back from a meeting and it is now known that Gojet is adding CRJ-200s to their fleet. Apparently, most of the them are coming from the desert. According to a highly placed source, they are going to be staffed by current Gojet pilots and through jets for jobs possibly furloughed United and Continental pilots.

The contract that the TSA pilots have been working under became effective August 1, 2000. The contract was extended another two years to 2006 (much controversy surrounds the extension). In 2006, negotiations started again and in over 24 months of negotiations, a little more than half of the sections of the contract have been TA-ed with no end in sight. According to my source, TSA management will be able to get the CRJ-200 program spooled up long before the Obama takes the White House and can make his appointments (early summer was their most optimistic estimate) and we get released for self help. There are a number of Flight Safety instructors that have been put on notice to start training and Trans States Holdings is down in Florida recruiting at Embry Riddle (I kid you not) but hopefully the people that they are trying to recruit have some self respect and did their research.

In other words, TSA pilots and other employees are screwed...

Discuss

For some reason I find it unlikely that CAL is looking for more 50 seat feed. XJT has been cut back, The Chatauqua experiment is also being significantly reduced, and in fact it's mostly their CRJs that are going bye-bye.

And to top it off you think that many of the 150 or so CAL furloughs will want to go to GoJet?? I think most believe they will be back in action by next summer and will wait it out till then.

I hope that a lot of the furloughed CAL and UAL guys know what is going and don't sink to that level and go to gojet.

Continental feed? I don't know what you are referring to but my post doesn't mention bidding on service for Continental.

This is just awful. HK might be trying to strip the title of all-time dbag from JO.

How anyone could even consider working at GoJets is beyond me.

I hope that a lot of the furloughed CAL and UAL guys know what is going and don't sink to that level and go to gojet.

Continental feed? I don't know what you are referring to but my post doesn't mention bidding on service for Continental.

So what flag will the GJ CRJ-200's be flown under?

Has the SPC mobilized?

I don't know.

So what flag will the GJ CRJ-200's be flown under?

United Express. Right now TSA flies for American, US Airways, and United.

We had 50 aircraft but they are going to try and shrink us down to 27 or so. 10 airframes are going back to American Eagle (we should have never had them in the first place), 5 are being subleased to a company in Mexico, 2 EPs have gone back to the lease holders, and I think they are going to try and sublease a few more or send them back to the lease holders.

There are three remaining aircraft on the Airways side and that will be gone soon. We will be done with American in May of next year at the latest, and if United allows management to shift our flying to gojet, that is it.

Most of the stuff at Trans States is leased so Hulas can basically walk away from the whole thing with very little loss.

I dunno how many came from regionals. All the CAL guys in my crashpad that were furloughed came from the military.

Trans States Holdings is down in Florida recruiting at Embry Riddle (I kid you not) but hopefully the people that they are trying to recruit have some self respect and did their research.

Ahh yes. I saw them at the career fair. I talked to the guy at TSA and asked what the deal was with you guys and he said that i should go to their "sister" company Go jets because their hiring.:yup:
But the weird thing was that everytime i walked by the Go jets booth there were at least 5 people there talking to the recruiters!:banghead: I'm assuming that has to do with the job market because i remember this time last year at the career fair the Go jets booth was like a ghost town and nobody was talking to them...

People don't go to The Harvard of the Skies to Flight Instruct, peon!

Totally, totally sucks. Looks like the Black Hats win again. I'll be casting a jaded look to ALPA to see the rescue.

I don't know.

United Express. Right now TSA flies for American, US Airways, and United.

We had 50 aircraft but they are going to try and shrink us down to 27 or so. 10 airframes are going back to American Eagle (we should have never had them in the first place), 5 are being subleased to a company in Mexico, 2 EPs have gone back to the lease holders, and I think they are going to try and sublease a few more or send them back to the lease holders.

There are three remaining aircraft on the Airways side and that will be gone soon. We will be done with American in May of next year at the latest, and if United allows management to shift our flying to gojet, that is it.

Most of the stuff at Trans States is leased so Hulas can basically walk away from the whole thing with very little loss.

Look at the bright side. You guys will have more airframes than Midwest. Very sorry to hear, though. :(

Back