Two Blue Angel's Grounded....

mjg407

Another career lost to a P.R.I.

PENSACOLA, Fla. — The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will be down one jet for the rest of its season after two members were removed from duty for an inappropriate relationship.
Capt. Tyson Dunkelberger, a spokesman for the flight demonstration team, said Thursday the squadron will finish its last three airshows next month — one in Texas and two in Florida — with five jets instead of six.
Dunkelberger would not identify the two members involved but said the relationship was between a man and a woman. All six of the F-18 stunt pilots are men, and 23 of the squadron's 133 members are women.
Dunkelberger says a military administrative hearing will be held to determine further disciplinary actions, which could include removal from the military.

Sad, but I have a question. I'm pretty sure I know what the "P" and "R" stand for, :p but what about the "I?"

Oh I think I figured it out! "Incident."
All I've got to say is those Navy pilots sure are a lu####l bunch. :crazy: I also think I figured out what the "F" stands for in F-18. ;) :D

Oh I think I figured it out! "Incident."
All I've got to say is those Navy pilots sure are a lu####l bunch. :crazy: I also think I figured out what the "F" stands for in F-18. ;) :D

Is it "Penis Related Incident"?

Folks, don't even try to make sense out of Navy matter :D Just relax and enjoy your nice civilian life...and don't worry about it, we got it all taken care of! :D

Hey it may be affecting (or effecting) me again soon. Hopefully will be flying again in the reserves if all works out okay.

Nope, flew the very unsexy P-3....
p3_orion_photo_one.jpg

Is that the PAO hacker? I thought that was an older rumor, this one being new? O-4 to O-3 shouldn't be a career ender. Especially since the O-4 has about 0 influence on the O-3s career. Be akin to one of my best friends, who happened to be a O-3 when I was the OPS-O, we were both O-3s at one point, I just recused myself from the rankings.

I'm thinking it was a fraternization case. One was an officer (the grounded pilot) and the other was an enlisted person. That fraternization...its a career killer.

RUMINT over on Airshowbuzz.com says this was one of the individuals involved.

Off_08_AO.jpg

9 beers until I would.

I'm a 9 also

I'm at 3.5 pints @ 6.9% each and I would tear it down. As long as she had the uniform on.

I'm thinking it was a fraternization case. One was an officer (the grounded pilot) and the other was an enlisted person. That fraternization...its a career killer.

How is Officer/Officer & enlisted/enlisted fraternization handled? Is it frowned upon only if the higher ranking member supervises the lower ranking one?

Oh come on guys. She's an FA-18 pilot, college educated and loads of jet time. Think she'd screw one of you guys? HA! Dream on.

How is Officer/Officer & enlisted/enlisted fraternization handled? Is it frowned upon only if the higher ranking member supervises the lower ranking one?

There is no penalty for Officer/officer romances or Enlisted/enlisted romances. Its only fraternization if its Officer/enlisted. If they're caught one or both is getting "fired".

Actually she's not a pilot. She the Executive/Admin Officer of the squadron, so "if" it was her, it would be fraternization because she is the X.O. Now if the pilot did fraternize with an enlisted sailor (there are acutally a few good looking ones on this years team) then both are history.

Actually she's not a pilot. She the Executive/Admin Officer of the squadron, so "if" it was her, it would be fraternization because she is the X.O. Now if the pilot did fraternize with an enlisted sailor (there are acutally a few good looking ones on this years team) then both are history.

So what's the problem here? Was he too young?? :D

Back