Two Blue Angel's Grounded....

There is no penalty for Officer/officer romances or Enlisted/enlisted romances. Its only fraternization if its Officer/enlisted. If they're caught one or both is getting "fired".

I've seen several cases of senior enlisted/junior enlisted result in franernization charges. Particularly when one is a supervisor and the other is one under their comand. Generally, a relationship that is between personell of close ranks is not a problem, but if the ranks are very far apart (E6 with a E2) it will be.

When I was Pensacola one of the maintence instructors a PO1st (E6), met a girl out in town and hooked up. A week later, he saw her in line for ordanance training as a PFC (E2). He imeadiately fessed up to his Chief caliming that he had no idea she was military at the time, and luckily got off with a slap on the wrist.

USMCMech is correct. While "fraternization" is technically between Officer and Enlisted, an inappropriate relationship (particuarly involving 'intimate knowledge') is prosecutable under the UCMJ - Uniform Code of Military Justice for you civilians out there. I saw a case recently of a Senior Chief who was determined to have been dating a Petty Officer First Class in the same department. It appeared that their was favoritism regarding rankings. The Senior Chief ended up getting one of those nasty letters in his record.

In the military, you can't get to close to those you have influence or authority over. Them are just the rules.

Well, there you go. Infidelity is a no no, too. I was just speculating. Thanks for clearing that up.
Everything in this thread is speculation.

Adultery per se is not the issue, but rather adultery that affects good order and discipline. The Blues are in the public eye so the bar may be much lower than normal. There are guys that follow the "two TACAN rule" religiously and are not punished. Remember Kelly Flynn got it when she blew off her commander´s order to cease and desist, and they nailed her on failure to obey.

Things are hit and miss and I saw several guys get bit by thinking with the wrong head. I avoided it completely by not dating in the military at all. As they say in my wife´s country:
Donde tengas la olla no metas la polla
Where you got the pot, don't put in the <deleted>

Remember Kelly Flynn got it when she blew off her commander´s order to cease and desist, and they nailed her on failure to obey.

I flew with her after that incident, and she didn't "blow off" any order. Apparently you don't know the whole story, because that dog don't hunt.

FWIW, she was a good pilot and FO when we flew together and I wish her the best in her future endevours.

I flew with her after that incident, and she didn't "blow off" any order. Apparently you don't know the whole story, because that dog don't hunt.

FWIW, she was a good pilot and FO when we flew together and I wish her the best in her future endevours.

Your right, I dont know anymore about Kelly Flinn except what was widely reported, and that was that she given an order to stay away and she did not comply.
This wiki article tells it, like I remember it in the press 10 yrs ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Flinn
If true then that is "blowing off" an order plain pure and simple. If you know different, and she didn´t then she could have had her day at court, and she chose not to.

I dont villify her, and there are a lot of dudes that got away with worse. I certainly dont doubt there were a lot of elements that didnt like seeing a female making advances in the professions and that this might have been a factor.

Yeah, I love it. I got my degree in Spanish education (that I used very little) and never heard that one. Sounds like a good one to use for "don't dip your pen in company ink" too.

Thanks.

There is no penalty for Officer/officer romances or Enlisted/enlisted romances. Its only fraternization if its Officer/enlisted. If they're caught one or both is getting "fired".

Not so unless the UCMJ has been changed. Technically sexual relations outside of wedlock is illegal. Fraternization is just having a relationship between Commissioned and non comm member. Officers are not even supposed to hang out at the bar with non-comms even same sex...

The Maj involved was the #4 slot position (who was married with kids) and the Lt was an admin officer.

Wanna have A fling...don’t get caught, if you do just hope your not a high profile person.

I knew a girl when I was in who wanted her roomie to join in with her, and her boyfriend...the BOYFRIEND didn't like it, snitched and the girl got busted a couple stripes. Another guy got caught performing oral on a drunk (and supposedly passed out friend, he get the court martial and discharge) .
Another guy E-7 would video himself his wife and the family dog. He went tdy overseas and the wife turned him in, career over!

These two will probably get court martialed and discharged just because they are high profile.

Attachments

• Off06_142.jpg
    Off06_142.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Off_08_04.jpg
    Off_08_04.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 105
Back