Captain_Bob (Bob Moyer)

Bob was the first airline captain that I shook hands with at ATP arlington while getting my ppl. Also was my career coach and commuted next to him dfw - iah over my regional career. Really sucks. RIP Bob and prayers for Heidi and the girls. :(

From Heidi..

Please join us for a Celebration of Life service on Saturday, November 12th at 2:00 pm at St. Barnabas United Methodist Church.
5011 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd.
Arlington, TX. 76016.

Thank you for all of the prayers and support and love.
Thank you for putting this info out there! I was just about to put it up but thought I'd roll through to see if it had been done already.

Is anyone planning to attend?

That’s such sad news. I am getting too old to remember details but I want to say he stood out to me at a NJC in the 2000’s. And I remember him being so nice. RIP

Bob Moyer Celebration of Life 2022.jpg

There is now an online stream for anyone who wants to be in attendance but cannot be there in person. :)

I can't believe this has happened. What an incredible guy. Apart from meeting him in person multiple times at NJC and airports while commuting, he would always help me with flight loads for my commutes to LaGuardia/JFK and DTW. Rest In Peace my friend. I can't believe I'm writing this. Sending much love and hugs to him and his family.

Hi all, as Bob’s family has been sorting through what is an unimaginable tragedy, his wife reached out to me and asked to share her gratitude with Bob’s pilot community for our support, and I thought this was probably the best space for that. To those whose lives he touched know that she shares the following with us all:

“Looking through all the messages and texts and responses, I had no idea how many people's lives in the airline world he touched. It makes me so proud.

Thank you for your support, and please pass along to everyone in his airline friends groups our family's thanks and sincere appreciation for everything they've done to support us. I don't know how to reach them all, but maybe the best way to do so would be to continue doing what he did with networking, mentoring, helping others, and smiling and giving a thumbs up. ”

For Bob, let us please carry on his spirit of servant leadership, professionalism, mentorship, kindness.

I know I am late in posting here but I am not on JC much these days. I too had the opportunity to have lunch with Bob many, many years ago when I was trying to figure out what I was going to do in my post Air Force days. To this day, I can remember how much he genuinely cared and was more helpful that most people I have met since. Bob, your time here on earth was short but you accomplished so much more than most people do over 80+ years.

I haven’t been on this forum for a really long time. I was sad to read this news.

He was part of the OG crowd of the early 2000s. Was as positive then as he was through the years.

What a loss for the community and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back