Captain_Bob (Bob Moyer)

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
A12811A7-F673-4A6F-A623-CE26CD193019.jpeg

@Captain_Bob (Bob Moyer) formerly of ExpressJet and now American, one of the happiest/never quit guys you would have ever met passed away in a fatal accident yesterday.

I don’t know any of the details, as they aren’t relevant at this point, but the world has lost “One of the Greats”

Tailwinds, Bob, thanks for the laughs, the help and the motivation to never give up.

Without a doubt one of the best. I’ve “known” Bob for many years now. Met right here on JC. While we never had the chance to meet in person he was always there to help or offer advice when needed or just be a friend. Aviation lost a great one.

RIP :(

He was one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Absolutely did not quit. When things got tough, he was super positive and pressed on. When things got good, he shared it and motivated people.

He was always a guy who I thought “Man, I should be a lot nicer to people” so he just made things… better.

And that’s a rare gift.

Absolutely did not quit. When things got tough, he was super positive and pressed on. When things got good, he shared it and motivated people.

He was always a guy who I thought “Man, I should be a lot nicer to people” so he just made things… better.

And that’s a rare gift.

During his short time at Atlas he helped run a Facebook group to help XJTers making the jump. Definitely someone who understood what this place was about.

What a loss. Bob was a XJT CA when I was getting my ratings, and volunteered to be my MEI on his days off. He didn't charge me a dime and said to pay it forward. He was also instrumental in getting me an interview at XJT and he wrote me a great LOR.

Over a decade layer, I was honored when he reached out and asked me for a letter of rec at my employer after his career path took a few turns.

Bob had just recently been assigned the DFW base, where he could walk to the airport if he had to.

Such a nice man. A genuinely beautiful soul. You will be missed, Capt Bob Moyer.

FF

God that's so terrible. I only had the fortune of meeting him in person a couple of times at NJC and loose interactions here and there through social media, but he was always such a genuine, positive guy.

View attachment 67525
@Captain_Bob (Bob Moyer) formerly of ExpressJet and now American, one of the happiest/never quit guys you would have ever met passed away in a fatal accident yesterday.

I don’t know any of the details, as they aren’t relevant at this point, but the world has lost “One of the Greats”

Tailwinds, Bob, thanks for the laughs, the help and the motivation to never give up.
For what it’s worth, probably his third greatest passion was motorcycles. After family and flying. Bob was riding with friends and family on his motorcycle and had an accident. As always, he was living life to its fullest.

Well ****. I haven’t seen him post in awhile but he was always such a respectable voice on these forums when I first started reading them. I imagine he was the same in person and I feel such sorrow for those who loved and knew him in person. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

When I was starting out my path towards the airlines and I desperately wanted XJT, Bob picked me up on an IAH overnight I had while he was there for training and gave me a tour of the training center. On other occasions he picked me up while on DFW overnights and took me to dinner with his family. A permanent smile on his face and encouragement for others bled through his pores.

Heartbroken for Heidi and the girls.

Back