YouTube stars named Jerry

I mean, it’s not like they take you out of the database when you retire. There’s probably more than a handful of dead people still in there too, unless the ATP being dated 2010 is what you’re referring to. Then again, unless the guy got a 737 NG type rating in the last 11 years, most of those type ratings are probably from a really long time ago.
Edit: Found the same guy, last medical was from a quarter of a century ago. Definitely an old dude either way.

More than a handful for sure. Anyone with my last name is a relative of mine, and there aren't many of us overall. (Due to the change of spelling when my G. Grandfather came over to America) There are 4 of us in the database... Myself, My Uncle (USAF/Ex-Republic->NWA->DAL), My Aunt, and My Grandfather who was a B-17 Driver in The 2nd Great War. (His last database update... 1946)

More than a handful for sure. Anyone with my last name is a relative of mine, and there aren't many of us overall. (Due to the change of spelling when my G. Grandfather came over to America) There are 4 of us in the database... Myself, My Uncle (USAF/Ex-Republic->NWA->DAL), My Aunt, and My Grandfather who was a B-17 Driver in The 2nd Great War. (His last database update... 1946)
Wild Bill (or, The Bear), my grandfather, makes the rest of us look like chumps. He held ATP with type ratings that resulted in him having two pages for it, A&P, flight engineer (reciprocating), flight navigator (you damn kids), flight instructor multi- and single-engine land and instrument airplane, and ground instructor certificates.

It turns out they do not take your tickets out when you die, or at least, they’re VERY slow to take them out of the database considering Grandpa has been gone for 20+ years. Which is actually sort of neat, in a way. One of my buddies at AA actually flew with a young (less young, A321 captain nearing retirement, that is) protege of Grandpa today and texted me like “hey!“

Ah - cool, yeah my grandfather (former AA guy, passed away about 5 years ago, retired since about 1991 or so) Is still in there. Has some bucket list types for sure.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 6.27.13 AM.png

John Lear has interesting certs:

View attachment 58110
The key to JL's certs and types is how he obtained and kept a Medical.

Anything possessed derives from Desire. Desire as a given, possessing lots of types and certs is impressive and means something. Usually, the larger part of that "something" is comprised of opportunity.

Opportunity = Time + Money.

Anything possessed derives from Desire. Desire as a given, possessing lots of types and certs is impressive and means something. Usually, the larger part of that "something" is comprised of opportunity.
Or, as my father smart-assedly quipped when we were getting our King Air type ratings last summer, and the examiner commented on the number of words on the back of his ticket, "well, I was just trying to feed my family."

Isn't this the same guy who used to post here about flying in a Merlin and ended up running out of gas with a student in a cherokee or something? Like 10 years ago.

isn't this Jerry the same one from a few years back on here, who talked about going to GoJet... and about flying a "metro merlin" .and also landed off-airport as a CFI, I think, and quickly went on the news to talk about it?

Back