YouTube stars named Jerry

jrh

Filming on a live 135 leg, in a large cabin bizjet. Bold move.

I didn't see anything they did wrong, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the internet picks this guy apart. Or his company tells him to stop. Or a coworker punches him. Or something.

I couldn't help but notice the irony of him being named Jerry.

Discuss.

$100 says the stewardess slamclicks it when they get to the overnight so she doesn’t have to hang out with Capt. Cringe. On a positive note,good to see a Waterski guy land a gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its great that he's passionate about it... I can't say I've ever flown with someone who makes me do an interview on a flight lol.

Didn't watch the whole video, but did appreciate the ALPA lanyard!

Also was creeping Jerry Whites on the airmen's registry and damn, one has a concord rating! What a baller

1613886176943.png

Last edited:
I saw a couple of his videos. I don’t know much about charter ops so there were interesting parts to me. Plus it seemed like the inflight shots were taken on part 91 flights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw a couple of his videos. I don’t know much about charter ops so there were interesting parts to me. Plus it seemed like the inflight shots were taken on part 91 flights.

On the video I posted plus one other it definitely had footage from a 135 leg. That's what made me raise an eyebrow. One clip even had pax in the background, seen through the cockpit doorway. At least they were digitally blurred out so you couldn't identify individuals, but to me it's asking for trouble.

Although I have to admit, this is probably the realest, most comprehensive look at 135 flying I've seen on YouTube. I'm tired of watching rich guys flying their own plane under Part 91.

Wonder if it was a Braniff guy

Braniff flew the Concorde on the interchange agreement at the end of the 70’s. If that guy was senior enough to fly it 50 years ago, he’d be over 100 years old.

I know 135 hires from a larger pool, but yea, no.

Braniff flew the Concorde on the interchange agreement at the end of the 70’s. If that guy was senior enough to fly it 50 years ago, he’d be over 100 years old.

I know 135 hires from a larger pool, but yea, no.
You realize we're not talking about the same Jerry in the video, right?

Yes, but irrelevant. Anyone who flew the Concorde for Braniff is long retired.
I mean, it’s not like they take you out of the database when you retire. There’s probably more than a handful of dead people still in there too, unless the ATP being dated 2010 is what you’re referring to. Then again, unless the guy got a 737 NG type rating in the last 11 years, most of those type ratings are probably from a really long time ago.
Edit: Found the same guy, last medical was from a quarter of a century ago. Definitely an old dude either way.

Also, some google-fu while I was getting my car serviced turned up a bunch of stuff, including Jerry's name coming up a bunch in articles that talked about the initial Braniff Concorde crews. Really interesting stuff, I guess he went to WN after Braniff tanked which explains the 737 type.

The pprune threads that @Autothrust Blue linked are... amusing.

The Captain called out "3,2,1, now" and all the throttles were moved sharply to full power and away we went with the visual showing the runway passing by at an ever increasing rate. Now the F/E had a couple of calls to make prior to V1 relating to how good the engines were performing the most important being at 100 kts, however before we got that far the Braniff F/E stood up in his harness and let out the cry " Gee Whiz look at the son of a bitch go".

Needless to say that take off was stopped and we went back to start again at the end of the runway

I remember being told that one of their captains, a Texan who allegedly wore big cowboy boots while flying, had an ambition at '3,2,1, NOW..' to KICK the throttles open with the sole of his right boot.

Ah, so cool.

Three, two, one, now.

(Apparently the French said "top" or something like that but they also tried really hard to crash Concorde before they did, in fact, crash Concorde.)

Back