Your favorite Airline livery

I like Delta's colors mainly cause I work there. I was hired when we had to old colors so it took a while for the new to grow on me. America West has some really cool ones. I love the baseball and American Flag ones. I saw an USAir connection ERJ145 this morning that dark blue looks sharp and makes the jet look more sleek and fast. One also that comes to mind the no longer around airline of Western Pacific. They had a pic of Marge Simpson and her tall hair on the tail.

I'd have to agree with FlyChicaga about the ATA and Chicago Express liveries. I also enjoy US Airways, the old United, America West, and Continental.

I think my favorite livery is Sun Country's.

280463.jpg

Click here for a larger picture.

I like Delta's scheme alot and Northwest's scheme on the heavies. What can I say, I'm a plain jane type of guy.

Anybody ever notice....

Northwest's symbol is a circle signifying a compass rose with a marker pointing... Northwest....

But on the other side of the plane... the image is reversed and it is pointing... Northeast...

OK... It's late, and yes... I have nothing better to do.
tongue.gif

Bob

The old red and gray!!!!!!!!!!. Forgot it changed, that's how much I like the old style. The new paint scheme is O.K., maybe it proves as a financial improvement for Northwest, but nowhere near a visual improvement

Well I might be bias but I love Delta's new colors man are the sweet. And I like Northwest new simple grayish/silver and red colors but the engines should have been painted red or something stead of just a simple silver/gray color.

Also the new JAL scheme is wicked sweet. But AA man does it suck sorry it's so boring and plain and I just hate it they have no identitiy no character.

I'm with Smokey. GIve me the old school Delta scheme any day!

....and the doo doo brown & orange thing....
grin.gif

Ditto.

TWA's last livery, before they scraped all the paint off and made them silver.
smirk.gif
Very elegant.

My favorite is the AA polished metal. Close seconds are DAL and BA. Jetblue also looks good. I really like light colors on airplanes.

For a splash of color, Virgin is good. I like the nose art and the slogans painted on the side of Virgin aircraft (such as "more experience than our name suggests").

Some of my least favorites are UAL, USAir, and, at the bottom of the list, Southwest. All of these carriers use dark colors.

Two I forgot to mention are Song (OK, stupid name, but the airplanes look cool) and the Air Canada Jazz CRJs with the colorful leaf motif.

I've also heard that if you look at the rippling flag on the tail of Delta just right, that you can see a skull. I assume it's an optical illusion like when people saw Jesus in a plate of spaghetti on a billboard in Atlanta a few years back (although I did see that).

I agree that the Air Canada RJs look cool! But have you noticed how dirty that are. Must be because they are WHite. They fly over Waxpool Rd. Which is just north of the Dulles International Airport. You can see the black on the underside.

Mahesh

Speaking of the Air Canada Jazz RJ's, I saw a photo on airliners.net of a Jazz CRJ taking off from DFW...

That trip has got to be torture in a small thing like that.

They're called "regional" jets for a reason!

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody ever notice....

Northwest's symbol is a circle signifying a compass rose with a marker pointing... Northwest....

But on the other side of the plane... the image is reversed and it is pointing... Northeast...

[/ QUOTE ]
They never use to, that just started with the new livery they got. It's just one of the reason's I'm not a big fan of the new livery. Also, I always thought it was clever how the apostrophe in the old logo pointed to the northwest while at the same time transforming the "N" in their logo to a "W" so that it could be read as both an N and W. See below.

Old NWA tail logo:
360039.jpg

Click here for a larger image.

I'm a big fan of the bare metal scheme as well. I remember an old grizzly DE commenting on how he liked airplanes with no paint....

"Son, an airplane is a lot like a women....they both look best au' natural"
blush.gif

Back