derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Can be a captain on a Piper!

pilot_home.jpg

Just a couple of funny pictures over at raajobs.com

pic_transition.jpg

I like the hats!

(of course not making any judgement on RAA or the quality of their instruction...)

LOL!! I am sure many passengers think pilots keep their hats and jackets on while flying, and keep 2 hands on the controls, at all times.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL!! I am sure many passengers think pilots keep their hats and jackets on while flying, and keep 2 hands on the controls, at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought passengers thought pilots flew drunk and half-naked, with 2 hands on the flight attendents, at all times.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thought passengers thought pilots flew drunk and half-naked, with 2 hands on the flight attendents, at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. That's just how we'd like to fly.

You know, after looking at the picture of the student pilot in the captain outfit, it reminds me of a line from "Catch Me If You Can"

"Why yes ma'am, I'd like to buy you a steak dinner."

Yeah, I noticed you took the picture of me in the 737 with some captains hat on off the site, not that I mind, I will send you one with my arm around some hot bird!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And over the hats go the David Clark earmuffs with the mic about 10 in. from their lips.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I know that there's a crew at Southwest who doesn't!
smile.gif

Or is that "former" crew...

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I noticed you took the picture of me in the 737 with some captains hat on off the site, not that I mind, I will send you one with my arm around some hot bird!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember, did I?

that's a pic from regional airline academy. i've been there and they don't actually wear hats. in fact only instructors wear uniforms. the website is definatly goofy though. if you really want to laugh your ass off check out tab express. their students are decked out in full gear. including the hat!! in fact, if their caught not wearing the hat while outside the building, they are charged a $10 fine. this includes walking to and from their car, smoking, talking,etc. i can't help but laugh when i see an "airline pilot" preflight a cessna.

pilotview.jpg

"Who's da man?"

Peeking thru the website, one of my pals "Bob Beziat" is a CFI there. I was his FO lots on the 737.

Bob is one of coolest guys on earth to fly with.

But this page , what a load of tripe. What's a "737 Express" and when did ASA get a new contract?
smile.gif

yeah, some of the people there are really cool. they just take the uniform thing waaaaay too far and the program is a shame in my opinion

I guess that's TAB Express and it's way to gain flight students, the flashy Airline Pilot Uniforms. I won't lie, I looked at the website a few times and it would be neat to LEARN how to fly and obtain all the necessary ratings in a Airline Pilot Uniform but that still doesn't land you that JOB.

I think if I ran a flight school, I'd just do the business casual thing.

I work for the worlds third largest airline and we don't even wear uniforms during simulator, ground or (if required) flight training.

Heck, yesterday I work an untucked black shirt, khaki pants with no belt and my doc martens. I probably looked more like a 31 year old "mall goth" wanna be than an airline pilot.

But uber-comfy, fully acceptable and consistent with my 'comfort = performance = efficiency' theory.

Back