You too!

I agree with you Doug, I would go the casual route as well if I owned a Flight school. It appears to me that most of the PFT Flight schools are attracting students by what they wear during the training and also the GUARANTEED job interview ads. Even DCA former Comair now has it's students wearing the blue uniforms with the epaulets and the Instructors in the traditional White Pilot uniforms.

I almost went to Comair but want to get my college degree behind me while obtaining my ratings and building my hours. Price is outrageous at those PFT schools.

By the way, Jetcareers website is great. All the Pilots I know always talk about it and of course me bragging about the site always helps. Great Job Doug.

[ QUOTE ]
I probably looked more like a 31 year old "mall goth" wanna be than an airline pilot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell me you're going Goth too!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell me you're going Goth too!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah! At least I don't think so!

But I do have a Nine Inch Nails sticker on my flightkit!
wink.gif

The students should be able to wear whatever they want since they're paying the mega-bucks. The only time I dress up beyond a polo shirt and blue jeans to go flying is when I'm on a checkride.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see too many Delta pilots liking Nine Inch Nails!

[ QUOTE ]
The students should be able to wear whatever they want since they're paying the mega-bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
But, don't you know????? Playing dress-up during training makes you a better pilot and more marketable to the airlines because you already know how to..... dress.
crazy.gif

wink.gif
grin.gif
Sorry, couldn't resist.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this confuse the TSA goons?
grin.gif

"Duh, where are the nails? 'Cause those are prohibiteded."

It was not that long ago I was visiting some friends who were in temporary offices in the same building as one of the **big flight schools*

I still am laughing at the sight of all the students playing dress up,

They tried hard, but most looked like they ironed their shirt with a rock.

Besides an 18 -25 year old in a uniform , who may not even crossed the 10 hour mark (much less solo)...while trying to remember what GUMPS stands for.... well it doesn;t make you a better pilot, but it sure does add some hilarity.

Yet another reason why I believe that part 61 training is the way to go. Wear what you want and learn to fly without all the marketing promotions and hoopla.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wear what you want and learn to fly without all the marketing promotions and hoopla.

[/ QUOTE ]
So true. I wasn't promised a thing and haven't been disappointed yet.

I feel for the guys and girls who bought into some of the hype - spent the big bucks on a big name - rushed through the ratings - and are now working in retail or some other non-aviation job and not flying one bit... nor getting any bites on resumes.

I once heard some advice that I now pass on as much as I can.

"If you can't walkin, off the street, and fly with what you've got on you probably don't need to fly there."

[ QUOTE ]

I feel for the guys and girls who bought into some of the hype - spent the big bucks on a big name - rushed through the ratings - and are now working in retail or some other non-aviation job and not flying one bit... nor getting any bites on resumes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you ready2fly...I have a really good friend who was drawn into all of that, and now he doesn't fly because he can't find a flight school that has the right "professional attitude" for him. What kind of BS is that? In his opinion, he's too good for all these silly, "anybody can walk in of the street" flight schools.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And over the hats go the David Clark earmuffs with the mic about 10 in. from their lips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, the "Fifty Mission Crush" look is probably not in with the airlines. The "Fifty Lesson Crush" at flight schools might be a different thing though.
grin.gif

If you think having a Nine Inch Nails is crazy, my simulator instructor had a "Headless Cattle" sticker on his. Headless Cattle is and underground punk band I think.

Back