You ever wonder what happend to your confiscated scissors?

That is WEIRD to me! I wonder if they'll start taking cameras and lap tops cause they could really get some many for that! They probably take the auctions proceeds and divide them up between the ever so efficient TSA's huh? Lol.

Instead of confiscating and selling them like this, what the TSA should be doing is selling postage-paid mailers so you can mail back to yourself whatever they decide you can't take on the plane with you. Heck, they could even do so at a profit!

But that would make too much sense, wouldn't it.

That is a great idea aloft...

Now if we could only get them to implement it...
smirk.gif

They do, I don't know if they do at every airport, but they do. The problem is that most people don't want to bother. But i have heard at least 4 times or so at different airports when someone gets "caught" with something, they offer to point you to the counter where you can buy a postage paid envelope to ship it back. Everytime I have seen this, the "victim/offender" gets an attitude, says "forget it" and storms through the security.

I dunna, dude. This might be a pretty decent money making opportunity for someone. Buy all that stuff up, and sell it on Ebay. The price for a whole bunch of these looks like it's less than $200 or so and it looks like there are a couple hundred of those things.

I figure you can get more than two or three bucks for a knife on Ebay, so....

So why didn't the Feds think of this?

Which is exactly why I got the $12 cheap swiss army knife instead of the $60 leatherman that I would have prefered...alright so it was really because I was too poor after buying the watch...

Cheers

John Herreshoff

[ QUOTE ]
All well and good....except when it's YOUR $60 Victorinox knife on the auction block.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, I really don't have a lot of sympathy for people who lose their pocket knives at the checkpoints. We've only had this thing in place for the past two years. It's become a staple of late night monologues.

People should know by now that you can't take your pocket knife with you when you travel. I know it's a stupid rule, but everyone should know by now that's the way it is.

You know, I've fallen victim to the "I'm going to miss my flight" plight, and gotten to the terminal with my pocket knife. It was a knife that meant alot to me, but I just sucked it up and threw it in the trash. No way some TSA pr*ck is going to keep my Gerber....
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
All well and good....except when it's YOUR $60 Victorinox knife on the auction block.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bring in on the airplane, I just rode round trip from Long Beach to Dallas & I can not believe what people attempt to bring on airplanes. One guy out of Dallas tried to bring a hammer & screwdriver with him! A guy out of Long Beach tried to bring hacksaw blades in his carry-on bag, what the hell is wrong with these people

Well my mom is one of the people that have had a knife taken, but not cause she tried to sneak it on, but because it's always in the front of her travel bag and she never took it out and never thought to check that little pocket. So it got taken. Oh well. I can't imagine that someone would "forget" they had blades in their bag though! Yikes!

My sister and I are from Illinois. She's 5'2, 100 pounds, never wears a turban, and she had her fingernail clippers confiscated by TSA. I wonder if the clippers are still on the list. That would be a funny Christmas present!

That's a little extreme. You could do more damage with your fists then you could with nail clippers.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if they'll start taking cameras and lap tops cause they could really get some many for that

[/ QUOTE ]

The FBI has had property appraised before they choose to seize it as part of a drug seizure before... I wouldn’t be surprised. Search and Seizure sucks but people should no better than to take knives on a plane by now.

[ QUOTE ]
she never took it out and never thought to check that little pocket

[/ QUOTE ]
I was late to court once because I was stopped at security for having pepper spray in my purse. The guard wouldn't hold it for me at the door and they had no where to throw it away, so I had to take it back out to my car. Then stand in line for security again. I don't carry it anymore because it's such a hassle.

so are they going to rip open the xmas packages that are already wrapped again this year? wondering about that since i'm traveling on thurs with xmas presents in arms!

Reminds me of my really cool money clip with the pocket knife in it. A couple months before 9/11 my wife bought it for me for my birthday. She had it engraved with "Captain Taylor" (yes, my last name is Taylor too) as I had just decided to pursue my dream of flying for a living. Now I can't even carry it on the plane! Oh well.

Back