You ever wonder what happend to your confiscated scissors?

[ QUOTE ]
so are they going to rip open the xmas packages that are already wrapped again this year? wondering about that since i'm traveling on thurs with xmas presents in arms!

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how last Thanksgiving, nobody could cut the turkey at the thanksgiving day parties...

wink.gif

Dave

I am happy to know (I am only a pseudo little old lady) that my crochet needles will be allowed to stay with this year.

PS. I went to the liquor store today to get some coffee liqueur, and never once was ID'ed (turned 21 in July), I am wondering (praying fervently) if I will have the same ease of movement in the airport tomorrow.

Ali

I know they ripped open a picture frame I was carrying the other day. Maybe they didn't like the picture? ANd it was in my checkd luggage.

[ QUOTE ]
You know, I've fallen victim to the "I'm going to miss my flight" plight, and gotten to the terminal with my pocket knife. It was a knife that meant alot to me, but I just sucked it up and threw it in the trash. No way some TSA pr*ck is going to keep my Gerber....
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you don't want the TSA to eat any of your Gerber!

http://www.gerber.com/home

Just kidding, sorry I could not resist

[ QUOTE ]
I went to the liquor store today to get some coffee liqueur, and never once was ID'ed (turned 21 in July), I am wondering (praying fervently) if I will have the same ease of movement in the airport tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. And get those shoes off before you get to the front of the line. Have that ID and boarding pass out, too.

Also, is it just me, or is LAX the only place where they check IDs at the gate. It's like, uh, guys, we only had to show it twice already!

Nope, every airport is a little different, since the airports themselves are not standarized, the TSA has to adjust to each and every airport.

LAX is an international airport so the procedures are a little more stricter.

Personally, I flew out of Long Beach, flashed my ID card once. When I flew out of Dallas, flashed my ID card twice.

The ID at the gate is a real hodge-podge. Believe it or not, I once went through RDU and never had to show ID at all, just a month or two ago. Cincinnati (CVG) is an ID airport, though. It seems to change quite often. I usually have my license out of my wallet and in my pocket easily accessible should they want to see it at any time.

FL270

[ QUOTE ]
LAX is an international airport so the procedures are a little more stricter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, IAD is an international airport as well, but they don't make you show your ID at the gate. Just at check in and when you get into the security screening line.

It makes no sense!

confused.gif

At MDW, you must show your ID at check-in (if you do it normally, ie. non-electronic), then at security. Some flights require ID verification at the gate on ATA, for instance DCA, and some international to Mexico.

Back